Bell County @ Sheldon Clark Predictions

EKUAlum05

Who wins  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

Battle of undefeated teams as 4A Bell County (6-0) makes the journey to Inez to battle 3A Sheldon Clark (7-0).

With a Bell County win, Dudley Hilton will notch career victory #300. But, "The Rock" is one of the toughest places to win in the state of Kentucky. Sheldon Clark has played an easy schedule thusfar, but for the first tiem this year the Cardinals are healthy as Ryan Kelly made his return last night from a knee injury (Kelly ran for over 1000 yards last year), the Cards also got back their starting center from injury.

I predicted at the start of the year that Bell's toughest game on the way to Hilton's 300th win wouldn't be Rockcastle County or Lincoln County, but this game.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will not be a game. As much as the Bell County faithful may want to play up Sheldon Clark, they are not the calibur of team that can beat Bell County home or away. SC has played maybe the weakest schedule for an undefeated team. 14-25 is their opponent records not counting the OHIO team that I don't know the record of. Those 14 wins were also against some real weak teams across the mountains. This will be a highlight reel for the Bobcats. 49-13

This will not be a game. As much as the Bell County faithful may want to play up Sheldon Clark, they are not the calibur of team that can beat Bell County home or away. SC has played maybe the weakest schedule for an undefeated team. 14-25 is their opponent records not counting the OHIO team that I don't know the record of. Those 14 wins were also against some real weak teams across the mountains. This will be a highlight reel for the Bobcats. 49-13

I agree 3 wishes SC has not seen any team comparable to Bell this year in any way, size, speed, strength and coaching. Could be a long night for the Cardinals. SC is a good team but not ready for Bell Co. if they play the same way they have been of late. Bell will role on.

I would love to be their to see this milestone for Coach Hilton. Knowing him he will turn his attention very quickly to win 301. :ylsuper::ylsuper:

This game reminds me of the 2004 season when the Shawn Robbins led Bell County (probvably should ahve been 3A state champs that year) team travelled to Pburg and got blitzed by the Blackcats. The Bobcats was expected tot ake care of Pburg that game, but it didn't happen. I wouldn't get too optimistic just yet, these Cardinals haven't been healthy all season and many a good team have been shocked playing in Inez.

I still say Bell rolls in this by 2-3 TD, but don't discount SC just yet. They have a solid team who has the ability to make a clock run really fast.

Guest kybigguy42

SCHS has the leading rusher and scorer in the state, a 3 year starter at quarterback and another 1,000 rusher from last season who has sat most of this season with an injury. I don't care if you have played "sisters of the poor" 7 - 0 is an impressive record.

With that said, Bell County should be a favorite coming into this one. However I don't think that it will be the cake walk for the Bobcats that some folks are predicting.

SCHS has the leading rusher and scorer in the state, a 3 year starter at quarterback and another 1,000 rusher from last season who has sat most of this season with an injury. I don't care if you have played "sisters of the poor" 7 - 0 is an impressive record.

With that said, Bell County should be a favorite coming into this one. However I don't think that it will be the cake walk for the Bobcats that some folks are predicting.

One question I have is from a SC fan perspective, how do you think the schedule (obviously) weak compared to other teams will affect them in this game? I think one thing as tough as Dials is, he wont be able to handle as many carries as he has the past few weeks, this enters SC's brutal part of schedule, two tough weeks.

I certainly do not think Coach Hilton has his team thinking anything other than this will be a battle. The long trip for the Bobcats....etc. Every week is a new game plan, and the Bobcats will be prepared. They will not overlook any team, with Dudley Hilton as coach. The Bobcats will be playing to win #300 for their coach Friday night. They match up with SC.....they have a 4 year starter at QB.....two thousand-yard rusher types in the backfield....and a freshman who averaged over ten yards per carry last week. Bell's defense is one of the top ones in state allowing barely over one td per game. One big difference for Bell this season has been special team play. How does SC match up with Bell in the kicking game and special teams play?

I am also picking Bell County to win, but some of these comments remind me of some of the ones that I heard leading up to the Rockcastle-Johnson Central game last season. Bell County couldn't run on Rockcastle, so JC's rushing offense would be completely shutdown because of their schedule. We all know how those predictions turned out. Hopefully, Sheldon Clark will prove its skeptics wrong as well.