Bell County @ Sheldon Clark Predictions

EKUAlum05

Who wins  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

Rockastle hasn't necessarily played well, but their 3 game losing streak were to 3 really good football teams. They are still a very physical team and will knock your block off. I would be surprised to see them lose again before the playoffs.

I think it's more the result of playing really good defensive football teams than it is Rockcastle not playing well. In the four games Rock has played outside of those three, they have averaged 38 points per game. Not too bad at all.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kybigguy42
The difference is that the Prestonsburg team you're talking about was a really good football team. Sheldon Clark isn't, plain and simple.

I think that Sheldon Clark is an excellent 3A football team. Two years ago they finished 9 - 4 before losing to Belfry in the Regional Championship. Last season they finished 9 - 2, including a 35 - 29 overtime win against Belfry before being upset by Prestonsburg in the playoffs. This year they are 7 - 0. By my calculations that is 26 - 6 over the last three years with basically the same skill players. And in my book that is pretty darn good!

With that said I think you can be an excellent football team and still lose to Bell County. I do think however that the Cards are a "really good football team."

Guest kybigguy42
I think that Sheldon Clark is an excellent 3A football team. Two years ago they finished 9 - 4 before losing to Belfry in the Regional Championship. Last season they finished 9 - 2, including a 35 - 29 overtime win against Belfry before being upset by Prestonsburg in the playoffs. This year they are 7 - 0. By my calculations that is 26 - 6 over the last three years with basically the same skill players. And in my book that is pretty darn good!

With that said I think you can be an excellent football team and still lose to Bell County. I do think however that the Cards are a "really good football team."

My calculations are not very good....25 - 6 over the last 3 years!

this is SC ytd totals

Points Scored 243

Points Allowed 96

Total Rushing Yards 2341

Total Rushing Yards Allowed 611

Total Passing Yards 723

Total Passing Yards Allowed 702

this is Bells ytd totals

Points Scored 220

Points Allowed 55

Total Rushing Yards 1612

Total Rushing Yards Allowed 591

Total Passing Yards 458

Total Passing Yards Allowed 514

Guest kybigguy42
this is SC ytd totals

Points Scored 243

Points Allowed 96

Total Rushing Yards 2341

Total Rushing Yards Allowed 611

Total Passing Yards 723

Total Passing Yards Allowed 702

this is Bells ytd totals

Points Scored 220

Points Allowed 55

Total Rushing Yards 1612

Total Rushing Yards Allowed 591

Total Passing Yards 458

Total Passing Yards Allowed 514

There's no question however that Bell County has played a much more difficult schedule.

Call me crazy or a homer, or a crazy homer but I believe Sheldon Clark has a punchers chance in this. Dials being the equalizer. I know Sheldon Clark football and I know Shawn Hager will have his Cards ready to play and the " Rock" good and crazy. Us Sc fans aren't crazy enough to think we are gonna roll in this game, but a turnover or two and this could get real interesting. Either way it will be a privilage to see so many talanted mountain players on the field at once.