Bell County @ Sheldon Clark Predictions

EKUAlum05

Who wins  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

Guest kybigguy42
One question I have is from a SC fan perspective, how do you think the schedule (obviously) weak compared to other teams will affect them in this game? I think one thing as tough as Dials is, he wont be able to handle as many carries as he has the past few weeks, this enters SC's brutal part of schedule, two tough weeks.

That's a great question. There is no doubt that SCHS has played a weaker schedule than most other teams. However in some regards that has helped keep the Cards for the most part injury free and has given guys like Ryan Kelly a chance to heal up. I think they are primed for a good run at the end of the season. Dials doesn't have to carry the ball as much with a healthy Ryan Kelly in the backfield. Also, Damon Hensley is playing as well as any quarterback in the mountains right now. However even with all the cylinders operating full speed it is a tall order for the Cards to beat a team like Bell County and go into the CAM and beat Belfry next week.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will not be a game. As much as the Bell County faithful may want to play up Sheldon Clark, they are not the calibur of team that can beat Bell County home or away. SC has played maybe the weakest schedule for an undefeated team. 14-25 is their opponent records not counting the OHIO team that I don't know the record of. Those 14 wins were also against some real weak teams across the mountains. This will be a highlight reel for the Bobcats. 49-13

Bell Co opponents are 16-17 not counting Churchill Volunteers, TN. Lincoln, Knox Central and Rockcastle all have winning records. Whitley and Madison Southern have losing records.

Bell Co opponents are 16-17 not counting Churchill Volunteers, TN. Lincoln, Knox Central and Rockcastle all have winning records. Whitley and Madison Southern have losing records.

Those three teams are as physically challenging as any team in the mountains and are all playing very well as of late.

Trying to find the point you are trying to make here.

I think it all depends on if Sheldon Clark can defend the pass. We know they can defend the run, its the pass that Bell will kill them with. I think if Sheldon Clark can move the ball on the ground and control the clock. It could be a ballgame.

I asked this earlier, but no one responded. How does SC match up with Bell overall....run defense, pass defense, passing game, running game, and Special teams?

I asked this earlier, but no one responded. How does SC match up with Bell overall....run defense, pass defense, passing game, running game, and Special teams?

There aren't alot of SC fans on here, I am familiar with SC, but take what i say with a grain of salt because I have not seen them in person yet:

Run Defense- the Cards are a pretty solid team when it comes to run defense. Coach Hager is a very defensive minded coach, the Cards will be BIG on the D-line, and their LB's are solid led by Dials who is vastly underrated at that position. They have nice sized CB's who are pretty good in run support.

Pass defense- Haven't seen enought o give a fair judgment, they played Pike Central alst week who is an above average passing team for EKY. SC shut down the Hawks' passing game, but they ahve yet to be challenged by a QB with the accuracy of Nelson. IMO, this will be the key to Bell pulling away in this one. If they can't complete passes then Hager will stack that box and let his big DL fall into the gaps and make it very difficult for the Bobcats to run.

Passing Offense- Not very good, but surprisingly better than I thought. Their QB is a 3rd year starter, he is a big kid with pretty good running ability. You won't see him going deep or throwing any difficult timing routes, but passing is not SC's forte' anyway. The Cards like using the screen with Dials and will line him up at SE on long yardage plays. Pike Central got pressure on Hensley, which tells me the line is not very good at pass blocking.

Rushing Offense- Looks excellent on paper, but given the competition it is an unkown. I will say this, Dials is the real deal at HB. The kid is by no means a speed burner, but he runs hard, smart, low to the ground, and does a great job setting up his blocks. Dials will kill you if you don't lock up on him, and his favorite thign to do is get right on the back of one of SC's big ole linemen and lay on him through the hole so you can't get a direct hit on him. SC just barely got back the Kelley kid at the other HB... he had been out this entire season with a knee injury. Kelley was a 1000 yard rusher last season and is amirror image of Dials in his running style. Bell will have to play excellent run defense, I cna assure you that.

Special Teams- Huge advantage to Bell with Merrick kicking. SC's kicking game is shaky, and their kick coverage is shaky as well. They do have good returners though, but nonetheless Bell should dominate this category.

Overall- SC hasn't played anyone at all to give a good barometer of how good they really are, additionally, the Cards are just now getting healthy after losing key players for the majority of the season. Bell will have a MAJOR speed advantage, but Hager is a smart coach and knows how to minimize the effects of that, SC will be perfectly happy, and is capable of, 15 play drives that eat away nearly an entire quarter. SC is big, they hit hard, and they are evry tough to beta on their homefield... with all this said, I think from a pure talent/experience standpoint Bell should win this by 3-4 TD's, but if the Bobcats fall asleep and SC senses momentum, they become a very, very dangerous team.

Bell 31

SC 13

any radio brodcasts of this game? I wont be able to make the 4 hour drive.

If bell has to beat them with the passing game and special teams game, unlike the past, they can do it now, and do it very well.

It is not a 4 hour drive. Should be able to make it in about 3 hours or 3 hours and 15 minutes.

How can you say that about Rockcastle Co. They went 3 games and only scored 2 points.

Rockastle hasn't necessarily played well, but their 3 game losing streak were to 3 really good football teams. They are still a very physical team and will knock your block off. I would be surprised to see them lose again before the playoffs.

This game reminds me of the 2004 season when the Shawn Robbins led Bell County (probvably should ahve been 3A state champs that year) team travelled to Pburg and got blitzed by the Blackcats. The Bobcats was expected tot ake care of Pburg that game, but it didn't happen. I wouldn't get too optimistic just yet, these Cardinals haven't been healthy all season and many a good team have been shocked playing in Inez.

I still say Bell rolls in this by 2-3 TD, but don't discount SC just yet. They have a solid team who has the ability to make a clock run really fast.

The difference is that the Prestonsburg team you're talking about was a really good football team. Sheldon Clark isn't, plain and simple.