Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pikeville vs. Belfry

Who wins? 86 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Belfry
      79%
      68
    • Pikeville
      20%
      18

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

A big rivalry game between two teams in the Top 5 of their respective classes. Belfry enters 4-0 coming off a bye week, Pikeville enters 4-1 after crushing Allen Central.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Last meeting:

Belfry 24

Pikeville 20

 

The Pirates drove down the field and Dustin May scored the game winning touchdown with under a minute to go to dash the Panthers' upset bid. Many, including myself, felt Pikeville outplayed the Pirates.

 

Previous Meetings:

2005 Belfry 36-13

2004 Belfry 30-0

2003 Belfry 28-6

2002 Belfry 20-13

2001 Belfry 21-0

2000 Pikeville 31-14

1999 Pikeville 26-8 (The last time Pikeville defeated the Pirates @ Belfry)

Belfry 49

P'ville 14

Too bad this isn't a public poll, would be neat to see who votes for which team.. I think this will be a great game, and will tell alot about each team. I look for the Pirate defense to make the difference, but if they are reading this message, they better be prepared because with a rivalry game you can always expect a stern test. Go Bucs!

Belfry 49

P'ville 14

 

 

Very seldom do we see a blowout in this game thus a 35 pt victory by either team is unlikely. I do feel that Belfry is the better team and playing at home I say Belfry by 10.

Very seldom do we see a blowout in this game thus a 35 pt victory by either team is unlikely. I do feel that Belfry is the better team and playing at home I say Belfry by 10.

 

 

I agree but this seems to be a special Belfry team that looks to be headed to PJS and I don't see the Panthers getting nowhere near them.

I'm a Belfry fan but I think Pikeville wins this game.

 

I just feel everyone is wayyyy to confident that Belfry is going to win

I'm a Belfry fan but I think Pikeville wins this game.

 

I just feel everyone is wayyyy to confident that Belfry is going to win

 

 

I agree that alot of Belfry fans are a little over confident going into this game. I, too, am a little over confident but mainly because i just feel Belfry is somewhat better than Pikeville at this stage in the season. I guess fans can be over confident or somewhat cocky but the deciding factor will be are the Pirate players also feeling this way. I think not, due to a very good coaching staff who will have them prepared for this game physically as well as mentally. Should be a one for the ages and may turn out to be the best games yet at the new stadium.

I agree that alot of Belfry fans are a little over confident going into this game. I, too, am a little over confident but mainly because i just feel Belfry is somewhat better than Pikeville at this stage in the season. I guess fans can be over confident or somewhat cocky but the deciding factor will be are the Pirate players also feeling this way. I think not, due to a very good coaching staff who will have them prepared for this game physically as well as mentally. Should be a one for the ages and may turn out to be the best games yet at the new stadium.

 

 

I agree that the coaching staff is doing all they can to keep the players heads small BUT you know they read on here and other places that they should win.

 

I'm just a little worried BUT still hoping for a Pirate W

Coach J will have his team ready to play !!

This will be a great barometer for both of these teams.

I think this will be a very good game. If the Pirates play like I know they can, it should be a win. If they come in off on the first series of plays or with big heads, this could be a very close game. Pikeville is good, but I see Belfry's front seven taking care of business. Good luck to both teams and I hope for an injury free game.

Pikeville's front seven: (and someone correct me if I'm wrong)

 

Johnson

Branham

Ritchie

Walker

Jackson

Tim Honaker

Ted Honaker

 

These guys are very good and can play with anyone. I see a great game coming up. Turnovers and penalties will determine the winner of this one IMO...

Times sure have changed... Its hard to believe a Piveille v/s Belfry game thread only gets 12 posts. I figured this would be a popular thread.

This time last year I said that this would be Pikeville's best chance to end the streak, and I felt pretty confident about there chances when I said it.

 

But things change, Pikeville's had plenty of time to lick their wounds, and this wouldn't be a rivalry if chivalry was shown two days before kickoff.

 

Belfry's D is going to be the difference in the game. The front 7 is as solid a unit as you'll find in the mountains, and I'm sure they'll be fired up for this game. Pikeville is capable of breaking off the big play, but if the Pirates keep the big plays to a minimal they should be fine.

 

Belfry 30 - Pikeville 14

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.