The world's fastest man will be in Lexington tonight...

theguru

Greatest story on Tyson is that although he currently has the second fastest time in history in the 200m, he failed to win the event his senior year. Ben Kittleson beat him with a 21.22 versus Tyson's time of 21.23. The second fastest guy in history in the event couldn't win his senior year of high school. Absolutely amazing to me.

Just wondering what his 40 time was in high school.

Although he's worked on it a lot recently, he's not the best starter, so I imagine that his 40 isn't as good as you'd think it would be. Casey Combest, while not nearly as fast in the 100 or 200 would have destroyed Tyson in the 60m.

Former Lafayette football and track star Tyson Gay will be honored at the Lafayette football game tonight.

Can anyone share any Tyson is fast stories?

Didn't I just see something on ESPN about Arkansas forfeiting a national championship or his national championship because of something to do with him? I could be wrong, I just caught it on the sportsticker on the bottom of the screen. I just saw that this morning.

Not to be "Debby Downer", but I think the world record in the 100m is 9.74 and held by Asafa Powell of Jamaica. But it's still cool to see Gay back in KY to be honored. Gay will definitely be a factor in Beijing.

Yeah, but Gay has beaten Powell head-to-head at every event they've competed in this year.

No matter, both these guys are fast.

Yes it is in Courier today. NCAA has stripped Gay of his championships while at Arkansas due to accepting illegal help, etc, from an assistant coach. It involves his test results, accomodations at Arkansas prior to starting school, etc, etc. He may, or may not have been, aware of the violations when it occurred, more story to come.

Didn't I just see something on ESPN about Arkansas forfeiting a national championship or his national championship because of something to do with him? I could be wrong, I just caught it on the sportsticker on the bottom of the screen. I just saw that this morning.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/10/25/arkansas-loses-two-track-championships-over-recruitment-of-tyson/

Arkansas Loses Two Track Championships Over Recruitment of Tyson Gay

At next year's Olympics, Tyson Gay will be the favorite to win the gold medal in the 100 meters and 200 meters. He's a year away from becoming a household name.

But today the NCAA announced that it is stripping Arkansas of its 2004 and 2005 track and field national championships over recruiting violations, and those violations center on Gay.

Arkansas made clear in its statement that it thinks this is more a Tyson Gay problem than an Arkansas problem: