JFK

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Highlands.:D

I've said it before: for a big game and a big crowd, HHS is a great place to watch. You're right on top of the action. Its loud. The cannon. The buildings close to the field.

Love it.

I also love Holmes' setting.

I actually liked Dixie's old setting (other than the field itself) better than the new setting. You're too far removed from the field.

Without a doubt Highlands! Not only are you right on top of the action and close enough to hear all the chatter on the sidelines, but the stands are tall with plenty of seating. I hate the fields where they have a track in front of you that it seems that you are 50+ yards away. Not very cozy. With some of the new upgrades and the new Millionaire Club coming in the Fall of 08, it's my top place!

I also like Ashland's stadium. Haven't been there in awhile but it is truly a classic.

This is not a KY stadium, but Withrow in Cincy has a beautiful old time setting. The concrete steps for seats could be updated but other that that it is a neat setting.

Hard to beat Belfry's CAM Stadium when it comes to public schools for facilities, setting, and atmosphere...

Other Top Stadiums I have seen:

Trinity

St. X

Stadium of Champions (Christian County/Hopkinsville)

Highlands

Johnson Central (still in construction)

Scott County

Shelby Valley

Ashland

Hard to beat Belfry's CAM Stadium when it comes to public schools for facilities, setting, and atmosphere...

Other Top Stadiums I have seen:

Trinity

St. X

Stadium of Champions (Christian County/Hopkinsville)

Highlands

Johnson Central (still in construction)

Scott County

Shelby Valley

Ashland

No love for your 2nd favorite 3A teams home turf. Henry R. Evans and the flaming scoreboard.

On a serious note I've only driven by it a couple of times but Russellville's stadium is really cool looking. I don't know how nice it is but it has character.

My two favorites are probably two of the oldest:

Ashland's Putnam Stadium

Ironton(OH) Tank Memorial Stadium

You beat me to it Blue :thumb:. Putnam and Tank two are by far the two best places to watch high school football game. Both are very historic and filled with tradition like nowhere else.

Of course a homer vote by me would also include Ram Stadium in Raceland. :D

imo just about anone would say their home field / stadium was special.

I like Putnam Stadium at Ashland. Man you can just feel the ghost of the past in that place.

The Hank at Russell has the most college like atmosphere of any high school stadium I have been to.

Johnson Central has a tremendous atmosphere as far as the crowd and everything about it. Course this was before the field was changed but it was more about everything but the field for me.