Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best High School Football Stadium

Featured Replies

So many new places - Where is the best place to watch a High School Game?

  • Replies 126
  • Views 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My two favorites are probably two of the oldest:

 

Ashland's Putnam Stadium

Ironton(OH) Tank Memorial Stadium

Highlands.:D

 

I've said it before: for a big game and a big crowd, HHS is a great place to watch. You're right on top of the action. Its loud. The cannon. The buildings close to the field.

 

Love it.

 

I also love Holmes' setting.

 

I actually liked Dixie's old setting (other than the field itself) better than the new setting. You're too far removed from the field.

Without a doubt Highlands! Not only are you right on top of the action and close enough to hear all the chatter on the sidelines, but the stands are tall with plenty of seating. I hate the fields where they have a track in front of you that it seems that you are 50+ yards away. Not very cozy. With some of the new upgrades and the new Millionaire Club coming in the Fall of 08, it's my top place!

I also like Ashland's stadium. Haven't been there in awhile but it is truly a classic.

 

This is not a KY stadium, but Withrow in Cincy has a beautiful old time setting. The concrete steps for seats could be updated but other that that it is a neat setting.

Its not in KY but Parkersburg WV has the best high school stadium that I have seen.

We're pretty fond of ours here at Belfry, the new one and the old one.

Hard to beat Belfry's CAM Stadium when it comes to public schools for facilities, setting, and atmosphere...

Other Top Stadiums I have seen:

Trinity

St. X

Stadium of Champions (Christian County/Hopkinsville)

Highlands

Johnson Central (still in construction)

Scott County

Shelby Valley

Ashland

Hard to beat Belfry's CAM Stadium when it comes to public schools for facilities, setting, and atmosphere...

Other Top Stadiums I have seen:

Trinity

St. X

Stadium of Champions (Christian County/Hopkinsville)

Highlands

Johnson Central (still in construction)

Scott County

Shelby Valley

Ashland

 

No love for your 2nd favorite 3A teams home turf. Henry R. Evans and the flaming scoreboard.

 

 

On a serious note I've only driven by it a couple of times but Russellville's stadium is really cool looking. I don't know how nice it is but it has character.

My two favorites are probably two of the oldest:

 

Ashland's Putnam Stadium

Ironton(OH) Tank Memorial Stadium

 

You beat me to it Blue :thumb:. Putnam and Tank two are by far the two best places to watch high school football game. Both are very historic and filled with tradition like nowhere else.

 

Of course a homer vote by me would also include Ram Stadium in Raceland. :D

imo just about anone would say their home field / stadium was special.

Rash Stadium in Owensboro, KY

Its on Log Mountain!!!!

 

Actually Ashland's stadium is pretty awesome.

 

Soccer has ruined atmospheres at several of the Lexington schools' football stadiums.

I like Putnam Stadium at Ashland. Man you can just feel the ghost of the past in that place.

 

The Hank at Russell has the most college like atmosphere of any high school stadium I have been to.

 

Johnson Central has a tremendous atmosphere as far as the crowd and everything about it. Course this was before the field was changed but it was more about everything but the field for me.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.