Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bud_Kilmer

Suspended
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Bud_Kilmer

  1. The top 4 are clear and you can make arguments for and against all 4. LCA is at the top IMO. LCA has proven that they will give up points and the other three teams can definitely score and beat LCA on a given night. This is just my observation: LCA is getting a lot of deserved attention, Mayfield is good and has a lot of typical buzz and OC has a lot of hype the Los year. Meanwhile Beechwood has a new coach and some new faces but just keeps doing their thing. I feel like BW is just flying under the radar and could somehow “sneak” in and win their like 6th in 7 years.
  2. One of the most interesting games in the area. A home field playoff game is on the line, as well as avoiding BG and SW in week 1 I believe. It’s hard to read both teams because they have lost to really good teams and beat poorer competition. I would be very shocked to see a blowout either way. Madisonville has been really boosted my their Muhlenberg transfer qb. He is about 6’4 and can really run the ball and is a threat passing as well. MNH has a solid Rb and some other good athletes as well. I’m sure home field will provide them a slight advantage too. I think Graves is solid but nothing extraordinary. They just use their big line and have a solid balanced attack. I think defense will determine this game. I will give a slight edge to Graves here who comes up with some big stops when they need them. Eagles 27 Maroons 21
  3. Interesting game. I think Murray has the potential to be a really solid team. They have a couple of the best athletes in the area who are both 6’5 plus. They have to execute and take advantage of that. They can’t afford to score 7 like they did against Union and have success. Mccracken is hard to read. I think they are decent. It’s hard to judge a team vs Mayfield and PT. It’s also hard to judge against average to below average 2a teams. They will have a size and numbers advantage against Murray. IMO this will all come down to execution by both teams. I expect a close game with Murray having a few more explosive plays.
  4. If I were guessing, the young man will be back by November 17th, which will be the first time they will probably need him until then. Mayfield can save face by saying they have a long suspension. They also know this is the year they need to make a state run, because next year has more uncertainties. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t suit up again.
  5. It’s crazy to say but Caldwell may be staring down the barrel of an 0-11 season. I hope they can rally and win a couple this year. Very tough schedule for the Tigers.
  6. Who in this region is not playing you? Marshall, Calloway, Madisonville? Those are running clocks in the first half. Mayfield is gonna have to schedule BG teams, Owensboro, or other parts of the state if they truly want competition. I’m sure they are fine with scheduling in the first and second region and keeping their winning percentages high though.
  7. Murray needs consistency more than anything. Hope he truly wants to be there, build something and get the numbers up.
  8. I’ve heard this might be trending towards another out of state hire.
  9. Not sure this argument is fair. Now you may think he is better suited as a receiver in a spread offense and that is fine. But he has 956 rushing yards and 10 rush tds to go along with 266 yards and 6 tds receiving. While he missed a game and a half this year. Over 1200 all purpose yards and 16 total td’s. I definitely don’t see him having more offensive production doing something else, maybe the same. He has more rushing yards than anyone on mayfields team and his total offense production is twice the production any mayfield receiver has. Murray has been in several running clock games as well.
  10. Everything and I do mean everything would have to go perfectly for Murray to even have a chance here. The last time they didn’t have their two leading rushers against Mayfield. Biggers adds the explosiveness Murray desperately needs and Sokolowski gives you the best chance to try to pound for those 3 yards. Both are very key defensive pieces as well. It’s no secret that Murray is very young and undersized on defense and Mayfield will score on anybody. Murray could potentially make things sort of interesting if they just don’t turn the ball over, but that has been issue #1 for them all year. Mayfield makes you pay for mistakes like no other.
  11. Wow looks as if the cards are headed to Owensboro with an undefeated record barring upset. Has Mayfield ever played there?
  12. PT with a very, very disappointing season! I don’t think anyone saw a losing season coming. Does the outlook look any better in the future for McCracken or Tilghman football?
  13. Trigg will shock some people this year. The defense will give up some points, but I see no weaknesses on their offense. They have a great senior Qb, and rb that can rush for 200+, and a stud 6’5 wideout along with other talented receivers. I am predicting right now that they upset either Union or Tilghman.
  14. The thing hurting Mayfield right now is strength of schedule. Assuming they are healthy though they will certainly still be a factor.
  15. Is the Heath, Reidland and old Lone Oak starting to show up now that PT has the momentum?
  16. Back in 20 Joe ran down the sideline and got a timeout called after Murray had snapped the ball on their 2 pt conversion which scored. The ref came in waiving his hands and blowing the play dead post snap. that prevented Murray from beating Mayfield 3 straight times.
  17. Mayfield is gonna get the whistle. It’s just what happens. So incredibly hard to win games at war memorial. Have to respect the few teams that have been able to do it in the last 3 decades!
  18. This should be the best PT and Mayfield game in a long time. Mayfield will still win because of their RB and their defense. Mayfield 28 Tilghman 13
  19. This list looks pretty darn accurate in my estimation.
  20. It will be tough for the smaller town/ County 2a teams to be able to compete with what LCA and BW bring to the table. Tough spot for Mayfield, Danville, Middlesboro, Murray, Somerset, etc. It is the way of the world sometimes though, the rich get richer. LCA and BW will be fantastic and it should be rather shocking if it’s not a 3 peat
  21. Biggers from Murray did have almost 1,000 yds of offense and 14 TD’s last year. He was the leading receiver and one of the leading rushers. I’m sure he will put up even bigger numbers this year. No doubt he is a great player. I think he is getting recruited primarily as a db though. I don’t even think Carman played in very many games last year because of injury and other issues.
  22. McCracken had a celebration worthy of final 4 in Rupp a few weeks agoWhen they played Murray. I’ve never seen a coach react like that to regular season game. Glad to see the tigers win the one that actually counted no matter how it looked.
  23. Hot take, I’m just not sure McCracken is super attractive job right now. PT has all the momentum in the city. Have not necessarily dominated their district and will soon have to deal with hoptown\ Christian. Not much hope for deep playoff runs either. the positives are you have nice facilities/ resources and pretty good support. I do think some around McCracken have unrealistic expectations at times.
  24. Would Todd Adler be a name for the consolidated job? He would be a local name that might have the energy and culture to be successful.
  25. No local names stand out to me. No way Morris takes this. They might possibly hire from within. If not I don’t expect it to be western ky guy.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.