Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mayfield at Henderson County Predictions/Updates

Mayfield at Henderson Co 43 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Henderson Co
      20%
      9
    • Mayfield
      79%
      34

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Mayfield travels to Henderson to take on Henderson Co who has been whetting their appetite on 2A football in pre-district play. But so far it has left a bad taste in their mouth. Does Mayfield continue that trend? What do you think?

  • Replies 36
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Everyone, let's please stick to this game and leave the suspension talk out of this thread moving forward. Thanks! g

  • Astro Domino
    Astro Domino

    I totally understand where you’re coming from but I will say this; as most know Mayfield is kind of a rough town and some kids that go to school there don’t have much to look forward to other than pla

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    Henderson County just scored with 2:47 left in the game. Mayfield is up 38-24.

It don't look good for Henderson especially with Mayfield having 2 weeks to prepare...another Mayfield running clock and although you shouldn't compare with common opponents that's what we will do. Mayfield beats them worse than OC did.

Mayfield lost one of their absolute best players due to behavior in school in #4 Brajon Dabney. That hurts Mayfield ALOT as he was the region 1  player of the year last year as a junior. But things happen and Mayfield has to learn to play without him.

It’s going to be hard getting past regionals with no brajon.

10 hours ago, Astro Domino said:

Mayfield lost one of their absolute best players due to behavior in school in #4 Brajon Dabney. That hurts Mayfield ALOT as he was the region 1  player of the year last year as a junior. But things happen and Mayfield has to learn to play without him.

Is he gone for the season?

Imo this will only hurt Mayfield if he's gone for the season. I think what Mayfield has is still good enough to beat every team on their schedule until 3 round of playoffs...again Mayfield will just need to use better what they got...but if lost for season this could be a devastating for Mayfield BUT Beechwood lost what some would of considered the best player in 2A not the region and still won state. 

Told by a player, he wasn’t kicked off. But who knows. 

4 hours ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Is he gone for the season?

Not that I’ve heard. But he is gone for the next month and will possibly be able to rejoin the team at some point. I really don’t know for sure.

Priorities smh 

He’s a minor, barely, so I will not say a word about this, besides this, I hope priorities are not just set on football. An entire school system (younger kids included) are watching where priorities are at. 

37 minutes ago, gcbleedblue said:

Priorities smh 

He’s a minor, barely, so I will not say a word about this, besides this, I hope priorities are not just set on football. An entire school system (younger kids included) are watching where priorities are at. 

I totally understand where you’re coming from but I will say this; as most know Mayfield is kind of a rough town and some kids that go to school there don’t have much to look forward to other than playing football on Friday nights. Some student-athletes there have probably been given a second chance as to where if they were at another school they wouldn’t have been awarded that. I honestly believe in second chances because we all do dumb things that we wish we could take back. I definitely do not condone what happened by any means but if he is given a second chance I do not think it is done just so that Mayfield can win football games but rather it will be done so that a kid gets a second chance to prove that he is better than what happened at school that day and he gets to continue to do something that he loves to do and still has something to look forward to.

  • Author

He is NOT gone for the season. Someone put their hands on him and he responded. I'm not condoning that at all, but it is an understandable reaction.

10 hours ago, GBR said:

He is NOT gone for the season. Someone put their hands on him and he responded. I'm not condoning that at all, but it is an understandable reaction.

I got a totally different story. I would concede that you probably know more about it than I do. However, I disagree that it’s an understandable reaction due to who it was if my information is accurate. 

There is no excuse for what this kid did.  There is no way he should be allowed on the team for the remainder of the season.  If you are saying that it is an understandable reaction you are part of the problem in society.

Whatever the end result, it sounds like Mayfield's stud freshman is about to get more varsity playing time.

If I were guessing, the young man will be back by November 17th, which will be the first time they will probably need him until then. Mayfield can save face by saying they have a long suspension. They also know this is the year they need to make a state run, because next year has more uncertainties. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t suit up again.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.