Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paducah Tilghman at Mayfield Predictions/Updates

Paducah Tilghman at Mayfield 57 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Paducah Tilghman
      31%
    • Mayfield
      68%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/03/2022 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The time has come once again. Although it's lost some of it's luster due to Mayfield's 16 wins in a row, it still has a certain mystique to it and both fan bases still look forward to it as always. 

Tilghman last won in 2005 by an 18-15 margin and Mayfield now leads the all-time series 52-46-10. 

There are so many things I can comment on about why this will be "the year". I have an equal amount of worry to say the opposite. What can you really say? 

Until Tilghman breaks the streak, the only thing you'll hear coming out of Paducah is respect for the coaches and players of Mayfield. When they finally do, more of that same respect should be shown. You have to be impressed with what the Cardinals have accomplished. 

So, with that, let the rivalry week begin and I hope both schools have a lot of fun with it, it really is a good time. 

I'm sure there will be lots of stats and interesting things brought up over the coming days and I look forward to it all. 

  • Replies 233
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • snakesnot_2000
    snakesnot_2000

    There's truth in them words. Let the best team win, I hope Mayfield is that team. I believe this is a statement game. Mayfield needs too show 2A that they are back and will be a force.

  • DevilMayCare
    DevilMayCare

    I hold the Mayfield program in the highest esteem and pull for them to win ninety-nine times out of a hundred. This week is that rare one time out of a hundred I'm pulling for the opposition. It would

  • TilghmanPride
    TilghmanPride

    Honestly, the most hype I've seen about Tilghman is not from Tilghman fans. I've seen a lot of people that don't like them try to put a lot of pressure on them just to jump in with the " I told you so

Posted Images

  • Author

Tilghman has given up an average of 86.5 passing yds per game through the 1st 2 games. They have allowed 203 yards on 78 carries for a 2.63 yards per carry average. 

I haven't seen Mayfield's stats against Hopkinsville yet, but I believe they allowed less than 100 total yards against Graves, which is phenomenal no matter who you play. 

  • Author

Mayfield has won by an average score of 33.44-16.31 during the winning streak, winning by an average of just over 17 points. 

This could be the year for PT, they are very very talented, but, I can’t pick PT against Mayfield till I see it.

I think this will be a good game. PT has a fine QB and a good running back and quickness all over the field.

Mayfield has a fine QB and a better running back and quickness all over the field.

Mayfield has the better team, the game is at War Memorial and they have better discipline and that will win the game for them.

19 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

I think this will be a good game. PT has a fine QB and a good running back and quickness all over the field.

Mayfield has a fine QB and a better running back and quickness all over the field.

Mayfield has the better team, the game is at War Memorial and they have better discipline and that will win the game for them.

A lot of talk from Paducah about this team and the next year or so as well.... it's time to put up or shut up! 

Hard to go against Mayfield at home. I would give them the edge. 

  • Author
41 minutes ago, Socially Distanced said:

A lot of talk from Paducah about this team and the next year or so as well.... it's time to put up or shut up! 

Hard to go against Mayfield at home. I would give them the edge. 

Honestly, the most hype I've seen about Tilghman is not from Tilghman fans. I've seen a lot of people that don't like them try to put a lot of pressure on them just to jump in with the " I told you so" moment if they fail. When I talk to people in the stands every Friday night and throughout the week, most have reasonable expectations until they are proven otherwise. 

They do have a lot of young talent and will have for at least several more years. Will that translate into a win over Mayfield. Maybe, maybe not. 

Obviously, a win would be awful nice, but until we actually see it, it is what it is. 

A close game, no running clock would be respectable outcome for PT. I voted a win.

Mayfield is the favorite till they lose this game.  Alot against Tilghman: the streak, Mayfield at Home, Mayfield is really good this year and a lot of hype on the Blue Tornados.  

But the streak has to end sometime.  I'm thinking turnovers are the difference and Tilghman sneaks out with a win 21-20.

This should be the best PT and Mayfield game in a long time. Mayfield will still win because of their RB and their defense.

Mayfield  28

Tilghman 13

Should be good one but I'll take Mayfield since they are at home.

Yes, we have won sixteen in a row, but most of us here in Mayfield still have great respect for the Big Blue. It’s just better when PT is really good, or that’s the way that I see it. Now, I’m picking the Cardinals to win this year, but Paducah needs to win one pretty soon. Who knows, maybe this is the year?

Mayfield 35

Paducah 21

Got to go with Mayfield until proved different.

Should be a great game. Would not surprise me to see both of these teams representing Western KY in Lexington. 
 

Mayfield 28

Paducah 14

This Mayfield defense is LEGIT. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.