Paducah Tilghman at Mayfield Predictions/Updates

Paducah Tilghman at Mayfield   

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/03/2022 at 12:00 AM

The time has come once again. Although it's lost some of it's luster due to Mayfield's 16 wins in a row, it still has a certain mystique to it and both fan bases still look forward to it as always. 

Tilghman last won in 2005 by an 18-15 margin and Mayfield now leads the all-time series 52-46-10. 

There are so many things I can comment on about why this will be "the year". I have an equal amount of worry to say the opposite. What can you really say? 

Until Tilghman breaks the streak, the only thing you'll hear coming out of Paducah is respect for the coaches and players of Mayfield. When they finally do, more of that same respect should be shown. You have to be impressed with what the Cardinals have accomplished. 

So, with that, let the rivalry week begin and I hope both schools have a lot of fun with it, it really is a good time. 

I'm sure there will be lots of stats and interesting things brought up over the coming days and I look forward to it all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Tilghman has given up an average of 86.5 passing yds per game through the 1st 2 games. They have allowed 203 yards on 78 carries for a 2.63 yards per carry average. 

I haven't seen Mayfield's stats against Hopkinsville yet, but I believe they allowed less than 100 total yards against Graves, which is phenomenal no matter who you play. 

• Like 1

I think this will be a good game. PT has a fine QB and a good running back and quickness all over the field.

Mayfield has a fine QB and a better running back and quickness all over the field.

Mayfield has the better team, the game is at War Memorial and they have better discipline and that will win the game for them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

I think this will be a good game. PT has a fine QB and a good running back and quickness all over the field.

Mayfield has a fine QB and a better running back and quickness all over the field.

Mayfield has the better team, the game is at War Memorial and they have better discipline and that will win the game for them.

A lot of talk from Paducah about this team and the next year or so as well.... it's time to put up or shut up! 

Hard to go against Mayfield at home. I would give them the edge. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Socially Distanced said:

A lot of talk from Paducah about this team and the next year or so as well.... it's time to put up or shut up! 

Hard to go against Mayfield at home. I would give them the edge. 

Honestly, the most hype I've seen about Tilghman is not from Tilghman fans. I've seen a lot of people that don't like them try to put a lot of pressure on them just to jump in with the " I told you so" moment if they fail. When I talk to people in the stands every Friday night and throughout the week, most have reasonable expectations until they are proven otherwise. 

They do have a lot of young talent and will have for at least several more years. Will that translate into a win over Mayfield. Maybe, maybe not. 

Obviously, a win would be awful nice, but until we actually see it, it is what it is. 

• Like 3

Mayfield is the favorite till they lose this game.  Alot against Tilghman: the streak, Mayfield at Home, Mayfield is really good this year and a lot of hype on the Blue Tornados.  

But the streak has to end sometime.  I'm thinking turnovers are the difference and Tilghman sneaks out with a win 21-20.

• Like 3

Yes, we have won sixteen in a row, but most of us here in Mayfield still have great respect for the Big Blue. It’s just better when PT is really good, or that’s the way that I see it. Now, I’m picking the Cardinals to win this year, but Paducah needs to win one pretty soon. Who knows, maybe this is the year?

Mayfield 35

Paducah 21

• Like 2