Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Paducah Tilghman at Mayfield Predictions/Updates

Paducah Tilghman at Mayfield 57 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Paducah Tilghman
      31%
    • Mayfield
      68%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/03/2022 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

31 minutes ago, WKY_Football said:

Should be a great game. Would not surprise me to see both of these teams representing Western KY in Lexington. 
 

Mayfield 28

Paducah 14

This Mayfield defense is LEGIT. 

One of the best defenses I’ve seen out of a Mayfield team in years.

  • Replies 233
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • snakesnot_2000
    snakesnot_2000

    There's truth in them words. Let the best team win, I hope Mayfield is that team. I believe this is a statement game. Mayfield needs too show 2A that they are back and will be a force.

  • DevilMayCare
    DevilMayCare

    I hold the Mayfield program in the highest esteem and pull for them to win ninety-nine times out of a hundred. This week is that rare one time out of a hundred I'm pulling for the opposition. It would

  • TilghmanPride
    TilghmanPride

    Honestly, the most hype I've seen about Tilghman is not from Tilghman fans. I've seen a lot of people that don't like them try to put a lot of pressure on them just to jump in with the " I told you so

Posted Images

I remember saying that PT was going to be good in a couple of years...  That Junior class has lived up to expectations so far.  They are re-creating a winning culture and should be really good the next several years.

With that being said... Mayfield is the standard, regardless of class, in Western KY.  Their defense seems to be clicking on all cylinders.

Mayfield 24

Paducah 14

Mayfeild by 14. 

PT could pull this off but I see it unlikely. Mayfeild is gonna be hard to handle for any team. 

This is a tough one to call.  Both are 2-0 vs 0-2 squads.  At this point I think Graves and Hoptown are both decent squads.  The common opponet is Graves who played with both for awhile but wore down against both.  Hoptown got shell scocked at the start against Mayfield or might have kept it more respectable.  I will take Mayfield by 14. 

The Cards D is getting alot of love and for good reason, they have been great!  Rodgers, after being all state as a Frosh then missing 2 years to injury has really stood out.  He should wear a cape.  The secondary has also looked great across the board.  

  • Author
55 minutes ago, Toothpick said:

The Cards D is getting alot of love and for good reason, they have been great!  Rodgers, after being all state as a Frosh then missing 2 years to injury has really stood out.  He should wear a cape.  The secondary has also looked great across the board.  

Tilghman will have to do what they've been doing to keep up in this one as far as spreading it around. The first week, Jack James had completions to 7 different receivers, the 2nd week he completed passes to 8 different receivers. You don't see that a lot in high school. 

Last year PT relied on the 2 big receivers they had. The key to this year is finding matchups outside of Mayfield's best defenders to exploit with just the volume of people they have who possibly could make a play. If Tilghman can't get several of those plays, it could spell trouble. 

A whole lot easier said than done, I know. Any time you go up against a Joe Morris coached team, it's a completely different level. 

Mayfield is now the #1 team in 2A and #13  overall in the State in Calpreps.

I think it goes down this year.  PT is solid and Mayfield has shown the last couple of years they can be beat by an average team.  I think both are very good, but PT’s year.

PT 28-21

 

6 hours ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

Mayfield is now the #1 team in 2A and #13  overall in the State in Calpreps.

Gotta love how playing a couple of bigger teams and winning confuses the computer early in the season.  

14 hours ago, TilghmanPride said:

Tilghman will have to do what they've been doing to keep up in this one as far as spreading it around. The first week, Jack James had completions to 7 different receivers, the 2nd week he completed passes to 8 different receivers. You don't see that a lot in high school. 

Last year PT relied on the 2 big receivers they had. The key to this year is finding matchups outside of Mayfield's best defenders to exploit with just the volume of people they have who possibly could make a play. If Tilghman can't get several of those plays, it could spell trouble. 

A whole lot easier said than done, I know. Any time you go up against a Joe Morris coached team, it's a completely different level. 

He may have completed the ball to 8 WR against Graves but it was for less than 100 yards and most of those came at the end of the game when PT was throwing screens for no reason when they should have been handing the ball off to run the clock out.  If PT wants to win this game they must run the ball successfully because if they get into 2nd and 3rd and longs Mayfield will have a plan to attack protection and matches up even better with the WR than Graves did.

PT will easily have the most potent offense that Mayfield will see in the regular season, so this game will be a good indicator of how stout Mayfield's defense really is.  If Mayfield has a weakness right now, its consistentcy on offense.  Outside of Starks with a couple big plays each game, the offensive consistentcy just isn't there.  Passing game is hit or miss.  I think Mayfield wins a low scoring affair, but a shootout would defintely lean in PT's favor.  I do see the difference in Mayfield the last couple of years versus this year, and that would be team play.  This year everyone seems to be filling their role well, playing together, and there is quite a bit of depth on both sides of the ball.  Defense has been great, but we will see Friday night if that's more about the quality of opponent, or maybe they really are that good.

I am torn on attending this game or going and watching Graves at McCracken. I have seen both teams play and they are very similar. With that being said Paducah looks better, but Mayfield plays better. There is a ton of pressure on this PT class, but I think its unfair to ignore the pressure on the Mayfield kids. These kids have lost to PT in middle school and know the streak is on the line. If Paducah is able to run it with #7, they win. I don't believe they will be able to though and will depend way too much on the pass game, therefore I give the edge to Mayfield 28-14.

I also feel like this game has huge implications on Mayfield in the playoffs. Some might say it is too early, but I don't see another team on their schedule who will give them a game. They win this one, then they could be playing at home in the final four. If they lose it could be back to Beechwood or to Lexington. Huge for them.

2 hours ago, gcbleedblue said:

I also feel like this game has huge implications on Mayfield in the playoffs. Some might say it is too early, but I don't see another team on their schedule who will give them a game. They win this one, then they could be playing at home in the final four. If they lose it could be back to Beechwood or to Lexington. Huge for them.

That’s a really good point. 

2 hours ago, gcbleedblue said:

I also feel like this game has huge implications on Mayfield in the playoffs. Some might say it is too early, but I don't see another team on their schedule who will give them a game. They win this one, then they could be playing at home in the final four. If they lose it could be back to Beechwood or to Lexington. Huge for them.

What about the playoff implications for PT?

IF this team stays healthy, they will be an extremely tough out for any team and they have a shot at a title.

We will see Friday night if this team is for real.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.