Antonio Owens ?

He is at some military prep school in KY, cant remember the name, MMI maybe. He didnt graduate and since MMI isnt affiliated with the KHSAA he can play 1 more year in high school. Someone please correct me if Im wrong.

How was it that he was eligible during the basketball season, but then he doesn't graduate.

Owens came from Scott Co., to the Ramey House, his sister will be attending Morehead in the fall on a basketball scholarship, maybe he will try to follow her! Only time will tell.

Susie is his sister???? Why did he end up at Boyd Co.????

The Ramey Home is considered part of Boyd County's district. Frank Lee took the same route to Boyd about a decade or so ago.

I have an idea what this Ramey Home is, but I'd like clarification before I make further comment.

When someone drops the ball on Friday grade checking or a person drops out when the season is over. Hard to imagine a student making the grade for 3 grading periods and then throwing in the towel. Some suggested that he had a plan of gaining an extra year at a prep school but why would a person saddle himself with the baggage of dropping out. A lot of negative perception is sure to follow. Personal opinion...he was at Boyd for basketball and left when it was over, someone poined out later that he could attend a prep school and that became his plan.

I have an idea what this Ramey Home is, but I'd like clarification before I make further comment.
The Ramey Home is, as I understand it, a place that takes in kids who have had some legal difficulties as juveniles and are wards of the state, so to speak. The kids attend school, with a local school system providing instructors, while they live there.

A similar facility exists in western Kentucky, the Mayfield Treatment Center. Because Calloway County provided the teachers, kids there could compete athletically for Calloway.

Similar facility in Morgan County with Woodsbend Youth Development Center. However, those kids can't participate in athletics and there have been some stud hoopsters and athletes come through over the years.