Saint Xavier changes from local equipment provider

Tigercat

Have recently heard that Saint X, without any warning, has terminated its 53 year relationship with Shively Sporting Goods and will purchase its athletic equipment and supplies from a national outfit out of Houston. If this is true, I am extremely disappointed with that direction. Apparently there was no effort made to allow Shively to respond as the decision had already been made, and the decision was made outside the athletic department.

Come on Tigertown, you can be better than that.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is STX considered a Nike school if that term is even used in HS? I’ve noticed that most of their teams wear Nike apparel.

This does sound like a move made outside the athletic department. All the bean counters can see is dollars & cents. Sometimes the cheapest price isn’t always the best deal. Hope they know what they are doing.

Is STX considered a Nike school if that term is even used in HS? I’ve noticed that most of their teams wear Nike apparel.

This does sound like a move made outside the athletic department. All the bean counters can see is dollars & cents. Sometimes the cheapest price isn’t always the best deal. Hope they know what they are doing.

It’s Nike but I don’t know what benefit they get. I’ll have to check and see why Nike. I assume they get some type of benefit or every team wouldn’t be wearing Nike.

I heard when Coach Wallace came he had a deal with Adidas to provide two new sets of uniforms for free but the administration would not allow it due to the long standing relationship with Shively. If you looked at our white jerseys and what poor shape they are in, it is time for an upgrade. I doubt Shively could afford to offer this perk. Unfortunately, this is a sign of the times for the small stores.

I am told it was a dollar and cents decision, and not made by the athletic department, who apparently wasn't even consulted. Shively was told after the fact. I don't know anything about Nike. What I have heard thru the grapevine is that this company comes in low and then escalates. I understand money is important, but come on folks, we are in the process of raising 51 million dollars. This is nickel and dime. The bean counters need to get out of this.

I am told it was a dollar and cents decision, and not made by the athletic department, who apparently wasn't even consulted. Shively was told after the fact. I don't know anything about Nike. What I have heard thru the grapevine is that this company comes in low and then escalates. I understand money is important, but come on folks, we are in the process of raising 51 million dollars. This is nickel and dime. The bean counters need to get out of this.

Say it ain't so Tigercat!