Owensboro Catholic 55 McLean County 21

I think OC needs to play a tougher schedule other than Owensboro it seems like all they play is cupcakes and then they lose earlier than expected in the playoffs now I understand you can’t help who’s in your district but it might be time to break away from the traditional teams on your schedule and play some new teams.

Agree that they play an easy schedule, and that their district is lousy. But, by the time they play the district games, and the annual city/county games (Owensboro, and 6A schools - Daviess County and Apollo) that only leaves 2 games that can be added to the schedule. Granted, adding South Spencer and Hopkins County Central does them no favors. They have some really nice athletes (and of course Hartz), and I feel they can compete with most other teams, and given a few breaks......

They played extremely tough schedule last year with playing Owensboro, South Warren, and Evansville Memorial and truthfully got really banged up in that South Warren game in Week 10 and still got beat earlier in the playoffs than they would have liked. From what coaches have said in past is they have a hard time finding teams to play them other than schools they have no business playing. There is a lot of good competition across the river but most of those schools have 9 game conference schedules and zero flexibility.