Has Kevin Durant quit on his Team?

There has been such an "all about me" mentality develop in professional/college sports over the last few years, I have to wonder about this whole KD situation. We've seen the Javean Clowney debaucle where he sat out the whole year at South Carolina fearing he might get injured and hurt his NFL draft status. We've seen numerous college players sit out bowl games for the same reason. My hunch is that KD's pending free agency may be a major obstacle in his rehab timing. He's won 2 rings, a third won't help the bonanza contract he is about to reap so why sacrifice anything for the fans or his teammates. Afterall "it's all about me".

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Practice lasted 30 minutes, he was last on court and first back to locker. Did not stay, as Kerr projected, to work longer with down the roster guys. Either this injury is much more serious than a calf strain or the behind the scene stories will come out eventually.

Practice lasted 30 minutes, he was last on court and first back to locker. Did not stay, as Kerr projected, to work longer with down the roster guys. Either this injury is much more serious than a calf strain or the behind the scene stories will come out eventually.

Most people have assumed from the beginning it was worse than a calf strain.

Most people have assumed from the beginning it was worse than a calf strain.

Without a doubt.

From a KD selfish standpoint, the Warriors falling behind 3-1 in his absence makes him look even more valuable than he already was.

There has been such an "all about me" mentality develop in professional/college sports over the last few years, I have to wonder about this whole KD situation. We've seen the Javean Clowney debaucle where he sat out the whole year at South Carolina fearing he might get injured and hurt his NFL draft status. We've seen numerous college players sit out bowl games for the same reason. My hunch is that KD's pending free agency may be a major obstacle in his rehab timing. He's won 2 rings, a third won't help the bonanza contract he is about to reap so why sacrifice anything for the fans or his teammates. Afterall "it's all about me".

Quite honestly college athletes are smart the ones who sit out to protect themselves from meaningless bowl games, if they are projected to be a 1st or 2nd round pick. That is not selfish, that is being smart. As for Kevin Durant, he could have torn his ACL and he was still going to get max contract offers. An injury wasnt going to prevent teams from offering him that. So I seriously doubt he is sitting out to protect himself for next year.

It may be a line for the media but he supposedly has not been cleared by the medical staff to play in a game. That was as of a couple days ago. I do think today that medical can tell a coach no, whereas years ago players and coaches would play against medical advice. If medical believes there is risk if serious damage in playing, then he isn't going to play.

The media messaging and info you want to share with the opponent add a whole level to this. Even if they know Durant can't play they may not want Toronto to know that. But by being hush hush it causes thsi type of speculation.

IMO, if he can play without risk of further injury, he would be playing.

It may be a line for the media but he supposedly has not been cleared by the medical staff to play in a game. That was as of a couple days ago. I do think today that medical can tell a coach no, whereas years ago players and coaches would play against medical advice. If medical believes there is risk if serious damage in playing, then he isn't going to play.

The media messaging and info you want to share with the opponent add a whole level to this. Even if they know Durant can't play they may not want Toronto to know that. But by being hush hush it causes thsi type of speculation.

IMO, if he can play without risk of further injury, he would be playing.

Agree with all this.

Without a doubt.

From a KD selfish standpoint, the Warriors falling behind 3-1 in his absence makes him look even more valuable than he already was.

It has definitely helped his worth to any that may have doubted it.

I just don't understand why athletes are held to a different standard than the rest of us. It's ok for everyone else to protect their own interest, but athletes are expected to go above and beyond for the sake of everyone else, regardless of the impact it may have on their future earnings potential. An athlete's health directly affects their earnings potential. I'm ok with someone doing what they can to protect that. If they don't protect that, they've got no fans or teammates to sacrifice for.

I will admit I have not watched every minute of every game so far, but I have not seen KD at any of the games (either on the sideline or up in a box). For those that have watched, or know, has he been at the games?

He traveled to Toronto but did not sit on the bench. I believe he watched the game in the locker room.

I will admit I have not watched every minute of every game so far, but I have not seen KD at any of the games (either on the sideline or up in a box). For those that have watched, or know, has he been at the games?

He's been at all the games, usually just behind the scenes. They've shown him most games waiting in the tunnel for the team at halftime or postgame.