State pays for Richie Farmer KY Sweet 16 hotel bill?

First he declines to donate a percentage of his pay, or write a check to the state for a percentage of his pay, as other have done, as the the state cannot just dock their pay. Now this?

Farmer is ALWAYS at the Sweet 16! He can't possibly think say this is legit?

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20110426/NEWS0103/104270334/Dems-want-Farmer-pay-state-hotel-bill?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a joke. The only reason he is on the ticket is because of who he is and that he played at UK.

First not to take furlough days like everyone tells me if thinks he is above everyone in the state. His staff says he is only at work 1 day a week if that many days.

One guy was scared of being fired once Farmer was elected, he mowed Farmers yard for two years. Finally the guys father made the gentleman stand up against Farmer.

This Sweet 16 spending doesn't suprise me. I am sure this was done since he has been elected. He disagress with the Governor with how to cut the budget. I think the biggest disagreement is the fact Farmer thinks he can just spend money any where.

How can he have a clue on anything, if you have ever talked to him he doesn't seem to be the brightes bulb in the lamp. After watching the commercial for Willimas and Farmer, I know now there is no way I will ever vote for them, they seem way out of touch to me. Plus Farmer thinks because he played for UK that this is ok for him to spend my money on his fun, well he is crazy.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

First he declines to donate a percentage of his pay, or write a check to the state for a percentage of his pay, as other have done, as the the state cannot just dock their pay. Now this?

Farmer is ALWAYS at the Sweet 16! He can't possibly think say this is legit?

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/20110426/NEWS0103/104270334/Dems-want-Farmer-pay-state-hotel-bill?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

I don't know anything about the details but why couldn't he say it's legit if he was promoting the KY Proud campaign? Seems like a good place to raise awareness for it, doesn't it?

I don't know anything about the details but why couldn't he say it's legit if he was promoting the KY Proud campaign? Seems like a good place to raise awareness for it, doesn't it?

Because you have most state workers losing more then $1500 in pay because of furloughs. If he honestly thinks now is a good time to promote KY Proud he is a bigget idiot then I thought. Or at the very least why couldn't he stay at the Holiday Inn for $90 a night.

Because you have most state workers losing more then $1500 in pay because of furloughs. If he honestly thinks now is a good time to promote KY Proud he is a bigget idiot then I thought. Or at the very least why couldn't he stay at the Holiday Inn for $90 a night.

Or drive back and forth.

Like I said, I don't know the details on what he was doing and what his schedule was like and I doubt anyone else on here does either. If he lives close I would think he would drive back and forth, unless his schedule required him to be there late at night and back early morning.

Wouldn't promoting KY products be a good thing in the current economy?

Like I said, I don't know the details on what he was doing and what his schedule was like and I doubt anyone else on here does either. If he lives close I would think he would drive back and forth, unless his schedule required him to be there late at night and back early morning.

It says he was there for 4 nights and his hotel bill was $1576. I don't care what he is doing there, is a $400/night hotel needed?

It says he was there for 4 nights and his hotel bill was $1576. I don't care what he is doing there, is a $400/night hotel needed?

I just did a quick search and I could not find anything remotely in the ball park figure of a $400/night hotel in Lexington. What kind of luxury hotels are that expensive in Lexington? I would assume he had a big room service bill?

Don't know, what if it included a meeting room for a reception to promote KY products and to get more KY producers on board? I could see where that would cost plenty. I'd like more details rather than just accusations. Been burned too many times by gotcha headlines that turn out to be much ado about nothing.

But all he does is sit there like the rest of us and watch the games, same thing he has been doing for years, and with his family too, I guess we are going to have to pay for their meals too? Hey, it's an expense during business right? Add this with him not wanting to give his money back since he can't furlough, when those in his office and other state employees have no choice in their furloughs. He is going from one of the most liked UK players to one of the most hated like he just fell off of a cliff.

But all he does is sit there like the rest of us and watch the games, same thing he has been doing for years, and with his family too, I guess we are going to have to pay for their meals too? Hey, it's an expense during business right? Add this with him not wanting to give his money back since he can't furlough, when those in his office and other state employees have no choice in their furloughs. He is going from one of the most liked UK players to one of the most hated like he just fell off of a cliff.

Glad you know what his schedule was that entire week, I sure and heck don't.

Don't know, what if it included a meeting room for a reception to promote KY products and to get more KY producers on board? I could see where that would cost plenty. I'd like more details rather than just accusations. Been burned too many times by gotcha headlines that turn out to be much ado about nothing.
"Farmer spokesman Bill Clary has said it was more efficient for Farmer to stay at the hotel". IF this bill included meeting rooms, receptions ect, wouldn't his spokesperson have mentioend it? As soemone stated above, IF he had to be there, and I don't think that is the case, then why not stay somewhere for $90 a night?