Shelby Valley 49 Pikeville 42

Unbelieveable! SV didn't even win their district!

The bottom half of the bracket is so weak, this team could have made it to the final four or maybe even the finals if they were in the bottom bracket!!!!!!

The Sweet Sixteen definitely doesn't reflect the top teams in the state. A team with a 13-17 record that has lost several games to teams with losing records, pulls out three upsets in an extremely weak region and goes to Rupp. Then you have teams like Ballard, Tates Creek, J-Town, Scott Co, Western, Bowling Green, Henry Clay, etc. sitting in the stands watching the state tournament.

I like seeing the sixteen regional winners at Rupp but I think they should add at least another 8 at-large teams (determined by a committee) that play play-in games against the 8 lowest seeded regional winners.

I think a format similar to this would pretty much guarantee most all of the top teams in the state would be in the tournament.

Last year you had Ballard, Scott Co., Shelby Co., Warren Central, Christian Co. all in the top bracket beating each other up to get to the finals, then you had Shelby Valley that had a cake walk to the finals and ended up beating Ballard in the finals. The same thing will probably happen again this year.:irked:

SV earned the title last year, plain and simple. They pretty much dominated everyone they played, including Ballard. It definitely won't happen this year, but they have showed so much heart just to make it back there. Within 2 years, they could be a dominant team again with all the young talent they have.

I like seeing the sixteen regional winners at Rupp but I think they should add at least another 8 at-large teams (determined by a committee) that play play-in games against the 8 lowest seeded regional winners.

I think a format similar to this would pretty much guarantee most all of the top teams in the state would be in the tournament.

Horrible idea! The first part being who gets invited for the "play in games". There will be good teams left out, debates on who was left out that should have got in before teams that did get in.

The way it is set up now is the way it should be, teams know who they need to beat, you must get to the district finals, once in the region you must win! SV did this, and earned it! Those other teams left out did NOT earn a trip, no matter what their record is or how good they are!

I love the format that we have right now!! Lose and go home, win and advance. There is no other state that does high school basketball like Kentucky and although the 16 best teams aren't represented, I still look forward to going to Rupp in March and catching "the greatest show in hoops".