Has UK football recruiting just went up?

SvFan4life

After the win over Louisville? I'm sure it has but if UK can beat Florida and/or Tennessee then I think Kentucky has the potential to stay in the top 25 for years to come if they can get the recruits. They have to have a strong finish to the season but the Louisville win can really help I'm sure. on the Catspause website it has a lot of players talking about the Louisville game. I have no inside info so I just go by what I read. Hopefully UK can get some really good recruits out of it!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think the UL victory could do nothing but help the Wildcats on the recruiting front. Hopefully we can get a few more good solid wins this year, and some good showings on national television and good media exposure and our recruiting will really take off.

If they can continue to have some success this season, supposing they could finish 9-4 with a big win over Tennessee at season's end and a bowl victory, it could really boost this year's class.

Next season will be big...how will UK respond with a whole new offense...who will replace Woodson and his pass-catchers? I think UK is strong at the RB position, but they don't have the line play to dominate running the ball like USC...they'll have to have a passing threat to keep defenses honest. Can Hartline or Fidler be the guy?

If they could have a great year this year and follow it up with a better than expected season next year with all the turnover they're going to have, it would serve notice to recruits that Brooks really does have something going in Lexington.

Winston Guy, Lexington Catholic, has opened his recruiting back up (he commited to Arkansas back in July) with UK being the frontrunner now. Whether or not this is directly influenced by the game Saturday is unknown to me, but it sure didn't hurt....

It also didn't hurt when Arkansas postponed his scheduled visit to ARK for this weekend's game with UK stating that they would rather he come to town for a 'bigger game'. Let's see, ... they just lost Bama and now play a resurgent UK team brimming with confidence. Starting the SEC 0-2 would be a major blow for ARK, ... and this game isn't big enough for them? :sssh:

Replacing Woodson is going to be the hardest task of them all. Not to mention losing Burton, Tamme, and Little. I hate to say it but I hope this football season never ends because next year the Cats will probably be back to a 3 or 4 win team.

I think UK will be OK at RB with Dixon, Smith and a couple of good looking freshmen. I'm much more concerned with the QB and WR's.

I think UK will be OK at RB with Dixon, Smith and a couple of good looking freshmen. I'm much more concerned with the QB and WR's.

Exactly what I was going to say. Dixon/Smith will be a very small drop off from Little. Factor in Pulley's return and some legitimate underclassmen coming up through the ranks and I don't know how accurate 3/4 wins sounds. We shall see.

Replacing Woodson is going to be the hardest task of them all. Not to mention losing Burton, Tamme, and Little. I hate to say it but I hope this football season never ends because next year the Cats will probably be back to a 3 or 4 win team.

UK will not miss a beat next year with Curtis Pulley at QB!

UK will not miss a beat next year with Curtis Pulley at QB!

I hope you're right, but forgive me if I have serious doubts.

Avoiding a complete disaster is the big key...even if we do drop, which is to be expected when a school like UK loses players like Woodson, Burton, et al. It would be huge to have another solid season and bowl appearance to show that they're on the right track and weren't just lucky to have some nice talent show up for a couple of years. If they come out and win 3 games next year, then everyone will be saying, "Same ol' UK." And I wouldn't blame them a bit...

Next year is going to be a big one...that is assuming this year turns out to be successful as we hope after the big win against Louisville, which is far from being a sure thing.