Next Basketball Realignment

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When will the next Boys basketball realignment take place? Will there be a big shakeup like last time?

Its not on any type of schedule. The last realignment two years ago was the first major change since the early 1980s, I believe. I wouldn't look for any major changes, although the KHSAA might have to do something to offset the closing of Providence in Region 2.

I thought there was supposed to be another realignment after four years. It's not fair in the 15th where they have two three-team districts in everything but boys basketball, and I hear one of the two will be a three-team district in everything this year

I was under the impression that the alignmnent is a year-to-year thing, subject to change based on consolidations and new school openings. Just this year, the KHSAA moved Community Christian to another district to ensure that each Region 1 district had four teams.

I thought there was supposed to be another realignment after four years. It's not fair in the 15th where they have two three-team districts in everything but boys basketball, and I hear one of the two will be a three-team district in everything this year

Problem with the 15th is your going to have a 3 team district no matter what

57th

Johnson Central

Sheldon Clark

Lawrence County

Paintsville

Magoffin County

58th

Allen Central

South Floyd

Betsy Layne

Prestonsburg

59th

East Ridge

Pikeville

Shelby Valley

David School

60th

Phelps

Pike Central

Belfry

Piarist

You could move on of the 57th teams but you would still basically have a 3 team district somewhere.

I was under the impression that the alignmnent is a year-to-year thing, subject to change based on consolidations and new school openings. Just this year, the KHSAA moved Community Christian to another district to ensure that each Region 1 district had four teams.

I was told they wouldn't do anything until the alignment was in effect for two years. They discussed doing something to remedy the six-team district in the 52nd District but didn't. I guess the Community Christian situation was an easy fix that didn't disturb anyone else.

The 15th could be fixed easily. Just move a couple of teams from the 14th.

I was told they wouldn't do anything until the alignment was in effect for two years. They discussed doing something to remedy the six-team district in the 52nd District but didn't. I guess the Community Christian situation was an easy fix that didn't disturb anyone else.

You could move one but you only have 17 teams in the 14th same as the 15th.

Who would you move? LCC?

Jenkins from the 14th would be a good fit for the 15th. It sits in the far eastern part of Letcher County, and is about a 20 minute drive to Pikeville.

I would like to see Jenkins moved to the 15th, and Allen Central moved to the 14th. If they are doing things by mapping, that is only logical. They could move Jenkins and Letcher Central, and move in Allen Central.

Would also like them to get Powell and Estill out of the 14th region. That is way to far to ask people to travel for games here in Eastern Ky. From Estill to Jenkins it's probably over 4 hours on a bus. That is totally ridiculous. They could get rid of Powell and Estill county and move in Clay and Oneida like they talked about the first time around. That would make a lot more sense.

They are going to have to do something, more schools are consolidating after this year I'm pretty sure. They can't leave it like it is.