Next Basketball Realignment

I would be all for Scott Co. staying but I would like to see the Frankfort area schools move over to the 8th. It is way too far to play Richmond and Lexington schools when they are surrounded by 8th region schools. It seems more like the KHSAA leaves them in the 11th more out of comfort than necessity.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sports Fan do you know anything about NKY. Cov Cath Park Hills, KY,, Holmes is in Covington, and Holy Cross is in Latonia if you want to get technical. You wouldn't be a Brossart Backer would you?

It takes approximatley 3 minutes to drive from Holmes to Holy Cross if you don't get any red lights. 5 minutes tops. A real fast runner could do it in less than 10. Theoretically you could probably switch Cov Cath with Ludlow to make the 34th district more interesting by putting Dixie and Cov Cath in the same district and moving Ludlow back to the 35th (If you don't mind messing with tradition). Dixie and Cov Cath are just down the Dixie Highway from each other. Dixie always comes out of the 34th and then you have either Lloyd, Villa, or Ludlow. The Regional tourney would be more interesting if you would have Dixie/CovCath from the 34th and Holmes/Holy Cross from the 35th and geographically it makes sense as well and no decent team goes home too early. I know that Ludlow is probably happy to finally be in a district that they have a chance to advance, but geographically it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to be in the 35th with Holmes and Holy Cross where they used to be. Then you have Beechwood who'd be more logical back in the 34th too instead of the 35th where they are now and used to be years ago when the 35th used to be the 34th... Got that??? Something has to give somewhere though to make sure you have 4 teams in each district. I really don't think that they take power teams into consideration so much as location when setting up districts. So, just because it would be more interesting doesn't probably factor into the equation. No matter what, only one team from each region can advance to Rupp. Sure it's fun once in awhile to see Cinderella slip through into the Regional, but it sure makes for better games in the Regional tourney when all 8 teams are legit.

Propsed new 13th

49th

Clay

South Laurel

North Laurel

Jackson County

OBI

50th

Corbin

Lynn cmap

Williamsburg

Whiltey

51st

Red Bird

Knox Central

Bell

Barbourville

52nd

Middlesboro

Harlan Ind

Harlan county Central

Pineville

Was this actually proposed by the coaches/AD's or is it your idea?

Good Post B-Ball that makes a lot of sense to me and everyone from the 9th I would think. We have only won one state title I believe from the 9th. We need to separate the better teams to different districts so we can improve our chances of bringing home the title IMO. The better teams we have in the region the greater our chances are of competing for a state championship.

35th should be. Holy Cross, Holmes, Scott High School, Ludlow and Calvary if Latin has a team then Ludlow stays where they are at. All the teams then are within and on one road. All with 5-10 minutes of each other. Then that leaves an all Dixie Highway with Beechwood, Dixie, CovCath and Ludlow. This is the best for the 9th region. Not major changes but does improve our chances of getting the best possible teams down to state and bringing it back.