Next Basketball Realignment

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its Harlan County High School. There is no Central.

You want to talk about somebody that got a tough deal? I bet Sayre school would be willing to change places with any school in the state.

I'm glad they decided to do it that way. It seems like half the schools in the state have CENTRAL on the front of their uniforms.

I would like to see Jenkins moved to the 15th, and Allen Central moved to the 14th. If they are doing things by mapping, that is only logical. They could move Jenkins and Letcher Central, and move in Allen Central.

Would also like them to get Powell and Estill out of the 14th region. That is way to far to ask people to travel for games here in Eastern Ky. From Estill to Jenkins it's probably over 4 hours on a bus. That is totally ridiculous. They could get rid of Powell and Estill county and move in Clay and Oneida like they talked about the first time around. That would make a lot more sense.

They are going to have to do something, more schools are consolidating after this year I'm pretty sure. They can't leave it like it is.

The 56th is a good district for Powell and Estill - all 4 teams are a close travel. Problem is 14th is a wide spanning region. Are you proposing to cut the region a half hour closer from end to end and extend those teams district travel by 45 minutes?? Jenkins and Estill do not play. Letcher and Estill will be playing starting this year, but the games are on Saturdays. If Estill doesn't have a problem with the travel - why would anyone else?

If Estill doesn't have a problem with the travel - why would anyone else?

It's not just the coaches, the players have to deal with the travel as well as the parents, fans, officials, and media people that cover these games. This region is way to strung out and needs to be changed. A little longer travel for district games would be fine, but when the regions are played at jenkins and powell it's just ridiculous travel for everyone involved. And I'm Pretty sure that Estill would like to get in the girls rotation if not boys too, that would be even further for people to come to watch a regional tourney. Just think something can be done better with the mapping of the schools in this region.

It's not just the coaches, the players have to deal with the travel as well as the parents, fans, officials, and media people that cover these games. This region is way to strung out and needs to be changed. A little longer travel for district games would be fine, but when the regions are played at jenkins and powell it's just ridiculous travel for everyone involved. And I'm Pretty sure that Estill would like to get in the girls rotation if not boys too, that would be even further for people to come to watch a regional tourney. Just think something can be done better with the mapping of the schools in this region.

Estill will not be in the rotation - their gym is too small. I understand the issues at hand, but I see no other solution than Estill having to drive to the regional tourney. It really doesn't affect the other regional schools all that much, except when regions are played at Powell.