Who will be surprised if UofL beats UK???

ram2003

Honestly, who here on BGP will be legitimately shocked to see the Cards show up to Commonwealth Stadium and roll their way to the win?

I know a lot of people are expecting a closer game now than they did at the begining of the season (with the exception of those who thought Petrino leaving meant the mass exodus of all things football related in Louisville), but I'll still be genuinely surprised and dissappointed if the Cardinals lose to Kentucky. I don't even think UK has a bad team, I've just been hyping myself so much for this season for the Cardinals that I haven't let the possibility of a loss to ANY team enter the fandom part of my brain (though logically, of course it's there, but we're all sports fans, we know the difference).

So how many UK fans have themselves just as built up for a W on their side as I do for mine?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody will be surprised if U of L beats UK.

Nobody will be surprised if UK beats U of L except Louisville fans.

I 100% do not agree with your latter point. UK fans may not be surprised (although I would be mildly surprised, not shocked mind you, but surprised), but I can promise you the rest of the country would be. Have you noticed the AP Poll? UK hasn't garnered even 1 vote -- heck, even Kansas has 1 vote. You think the #9 team in the country going to a team not even sniffing the Top 25 and losing wouldn't be a surprise? Realize, most odds-makers offer between 2 and 3 points for home field in College Football, so even they are saying UL is nearly 10 points better on a neutral field.

I think the rest of the Country would be flat-out shocked if UL doesn't win this game.

What do you (everyone, plural) think would be a bigger upset Nationally:

* #9 UL losing at un-ranked UK

* #1 USC losing at #14 ranked Nebraska

* #5 Florida losing at home to #22 Tennessee

* #10 Ohio St. losing at un-ranked Washington

Frankly, I think UL losing to UK would be the biggest upset Nationally of those 4 games.

Louisville is a 6.5 point favorite against UK and I would consider it a huge upset if UK would win. You can never tell in a rivalry game like this. UK has some really good talent and can stay in the game they will have a chance. They can not fall behind early and stage a come back. Brohm gets a big lead look out Louisville could roll. I will be cheering for the Wildcat's and if Louisville wins Cudo's to them and I will be cheering for them the rest of the year. Remember I like Louisville when they are not playing the CATS. GO CAT'S. JD

I 100% do not agree with your latter point. UK fans may not be surprised (although I would be mildly surprised, not shocked mind you, but surprised), but I can promise you the rest of the country would be. Have you noticed the AP Poll? UK hasn't garnered even 1 vote -- heck, even Kansas has 1 vote. You think the #9 team in the country going to a team not even sniffing the Top 25 and losing wouldn't be a surprise? Realize, most odds-makers offer between 2 and 3 points for home field in College Football, so even they are saying UL is nearly 10 points better on a neutral field.

I think the rest of the Country would be flat-out shocked if UL doesn't win this game.

Frankly, I think UL losing to UK would be the biggest upset Nationally of those 4 games.

For me personally, Nebraska beating USC seems the most unlikely.

As for this thread, the only outcome that would surprise me would be a UK blowout. I won't be shocked by a close win from either team, or a blowout win by U of L. However, I like UK's chances better than Nebraskas.

I agree with you :thumb: .