Who will be surprised if UofL beats UK???

ram2003

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be suprised if UL does not win.

You can make arguments for UK/UL to be equal to one another at many positions, but no place can one really say, "Hey, UK has the advantage there" (besides playing at home). And from everything I am lead to believe by UL people, for the other positions not equal, UL should have an advantage. Whether that is true or not is up for debate I guess.

Surprised? Why should we be surprised if UoFL beats UK?

UK isn't the favored team and hasn't been in 10years.

On the BGP thread UK is slightly favored, so I figured I'd ask. I know a few people (outside of BGP) who have been talking about it as if a UK win is a gimme.

A gimme? Those people are not smart and I recommend you cease and desist any friendships with said people. :cool:

Ever since high school, my social network has seemed to have gone straight downhill... but hey, everybody needs somebody... yes, EVEN if they're UK fans.:thumb:

I 100% do not agree with your latter point. UK fans may not be surprised (although I would be mildly surprised, not shocked mind you, but surprised), but I can promise you the rest of the country would be. Have you noticed the AP Poll? UK hasn't garnered even 1 vote -- heck, even Kansas has 1 vote. You think the #9 team in the country going to a team not even sniffing the Top 25 and losing wouldn't be a surprise? Realize, most odds-makers offer between 2 and 3 points for home field in College Football, so even they are saying UL is nearly 10 points better on a neutral field.

I think the rest of the Country would be flat-out shocked if UL doesn't win this game.

What do you (everyone, plural) think would be a bigger upset Nationally:

* #9 UL losing at un-ranked UK

* #1 USC losing at #14 ranked Nebraska

* #5 Florida losing at home to #22 Tennessee

* #10 Ohio St. losing at un-ranked Washington

Frankly, I think UL losing to UK would be the biggest upset Nationally of those 4 games.

Anyone who is shocked when a team that is favored by less than a touchdown loses on the road, especially in a rivalry game, either doesn't follow football or is constantly in a state of shock...:D