Belfry vs. Shelby Valley moved to Sat. 7:30

EKUAlum05

Who will win this game?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win this game?

• Shelby Valley
    • Belfry

Supposedly this may be the best SV team of all time, and grumblings from Wildcat Country says this is "the year" that they beat Belfry.

Will Belfry continue to buzzsaw? Will SV pull the major upset? Will SV be the first team to score on Belfry's 1st string defense?

I think SV will actually play Belfry competitively, maybe only trail 21-0 at half. But, I think the Pirates are too strong and physical and will eventually put it away.

Belfry 38

SV 0 (I think Belfry will be able to play their starters til late in the game this week)

I thought SV beat Belfry back in the 90's?? May be not but good Luck Wildcats!

No, but as iPapi said, they did beat Prestonsburg when Dusty Hall was playing. SV was 9-0 and ranked going into the Belfry game in the last week that year and everyone expected a good game.

Belfry beat them by 3 TDs and I think it shook them up because SV came back out and lost in the first round of the playoffs at home the next week to an average Leslie Co team by about 3 TDs again.

Something tells me that Belfry's passing game will be the catlyst in this one. I think SV knows they have a zero percent chance of victory if they don't find a way to disrupt Belfry's offense and force fumbles. I am betting we see a very fired up SV defense with 9 men in the box and the safety playing at LB depth..... this means Belfry has a huge opportunity hurt them with their playaction passing, and Haywood will be setting up that Option pitch.

I expect Ivan Lee to be a horse this game, I also look for Elkins to have abig night. I just get the feeling that SV will be focused on May.