Nebraska @ Wake Forest Thoughts / Predictions

h.s.sportsrbest

Wake, coming off a tough road loss at Boston College rolls out the welcome mat (the amount of Red in that stadium will be a hoot) for the Huskers. Nebraska has opened as about a TD favorite.

I'm looking forward to making the drive down, and I know NHS will be in Winston-Salem...anyone else? GPopham, you heading down this weekend?

Thoughts? Predictions? Can Nebraska knock off last year's Orange Bowl participant in Winston-Salem?

Will Nebraska get caught looking ahead to their National prime time game the following week at home v. USC? That really scares me.

Can Wake slow down Keller / Lucky?

Sorry -- just a little excited.

Man Im so pumped, Ive been waiting for this for months. Saturday cant get here soon enough.

As for the game, I think the huskers roll. Wake's starting QB Riley Skinner is out with an injury from the BC game. NU will bring a ton of pressure with the LB's and cause havoc in the WFU backfield all day. Then on offense they will get a heavy dose of Marlon Lucky and Quinton Castille (possibly the next Michael Bush). These two combined for over 300yds and 6 tds against Nevada.

I'll try to post a few pic's from the game when I get back.

I will be there. One of the biggest sports thrill in my life was watching Shane run on the field at Boston College. Made 3 - 57 yard field goals in pre-game warm-up. That got the attention of a few early. Sam Swank hit 2-60's in pre-game that was a site.

It was the WFU QB, (Skinner) that was injured - out with a separated shoulder.

Riley Skinner has been upgraded to doubtful. I'm biased, but I don't think it'd matter.

I'm still a little afraid that Nebraska has an eye on next week, but I hope I'm wrong.

Don't forget Maurice Purify returns for this game from his one-game suspension -- that really should help open up an already effective offense.