14th Region (ratings) Top to Bottom

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think that you could ask for a ruling or question about it. They would give you a hypothetical answer. You then must make your decision. If that decision is put into question by your former school or I guess other schools, then the situation would be reviewed. In this case, You could possibly & probably be given the shaft.

the difference is Smith transferred mid-season and Riley transferred after the season. I could be wrong but I believe that is how those transfers went down.

The timing during the season that a transfer occurs actually has nothing to do with decisions on transfers. If it is what the KHSAA deems a legitimate transfer, they will be ruled eligible.

The date during last year's basketball season that Smith transferred back to Owsley County from Clay County had nothing to do with the KHSAA's final decision. I have never agreed with the KHSAA's decision on Robert's transfer, but it's water under the bridge now.....he has sat out since last January 13th, and will be eligible in 9 more days. Owsley officials could have got a court injunction similar to what some schools did last year with transfer situations, but Owsley chose to abide by the KHSAA ruling. I'm just happy that it's almost over for this young man, I know it has been difficult for him and his family. He has now missed the finish of last year's basketball season, all of the 2005 baseball season, and now half the present basketball season. I sincerely hope he enjoys the rest of this season, and may good luck and fortune be with him. :thumb:

I just wish the KHSAA would be more consistent with their rulings. That's my biggest gripe.

The timing during the season that a transfer occurs actually has nothing to do with decisions on transfers. If it is what the KHSAA deems a legitimate transfer, they will be ruled eligible.

The date during last year's basketball season that Smith transferred back to Owsley County from Clay County had nothing to do with the KHSAA's final decision. I have never agreed with the KHSAA's decision on Robert's transfer, but it's water under the bridge now.....he has sat out since last January 13th, and will be eligible in 9 more days. Owsley officials could have got a court injunction similar to what some schools did last year with transfer situations, but Owsley chose to abide by the KHSAA ruling. I'm just happy that it's almost over for this young man, I know it has been difficult for him and his family. He has now missed the finish of last year's basketball season, all of the 2005 baseball season, and now half the present basketball season. I sincerely hope he enjoys the rest of this season, and may good luck and fortune be with him. :thumb:

I just wish the KHSAA would be more consistent with their rulings. That's my biggest gripe.

So the KHSAA kind of works like life does. It all depends on who you are. I know this for a fact. I've seen it in action a couple times. Same type of transfer, same situation, different schools, different kids, different rulings.