BGP Rankings

Thought I started this thread once, but maybe it got deleted? Just a couple questions on our rankings. How come Lafayette is so low, Henry Clay so high but yet behind Warren Central? Here are the rankings for those that want to know:

BluegrassPreps.com

Boys Basketball Rankings 12-23

1. South Laurel

2. Elizabethtown

3. Scott County

4. Pleasure Ridge Park

5. Pendleton County

6. John Hardin

7. Warren Central

Click here for the rest of the rankings!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a team from east of I-75 worthy of a top-20 ranking? If so, make your case.

I wont make a gripe yet,But if Mason County goes to LexCath this week and has a good showing i cant see them not being ranked somewhere between 15-20 .They had great run in Laurel County this past week and should have upset the #1 team in SL and are now 7-1 with a very good schedule so far no overload of cupcakes.I would have thought they would have cracked it this week at 19-20 but i can go 1 more week before saying much more. :D

The only team i have seen personally who i think should be in the top 20 is Mason Co. They came to Ashland and took care of business, then went to Laurel Co and played great and almost beat the #1 team. They are young this year but have some great talent in Miller and Turner. Now i don't know about top 15 or 10 material.

I don't know if any EKY team is worthy at this point or not. There isn't anybody making that much noise I don't believe.

However, I feel AP polls are very biased towards the "tradition" rich schools and schools with large enrollments.

That's the problem year in and year out IMO. And don't get me wrong, I think most of the polls are accurate but review your AP polls in football and basketball the past 10 years and you'll find mediocre big schools that head to head lose to smaller schools and they get the benefit of the doubt.

Can't wait to see those 4-4 top 20 schools keep climbing the ladder.

Is the scheduling one of the reasons? Of course that would be a great counter argument. However, without getting too specific and calling some teams out there are a few each year that are non deserving.

Is there a team from east of I-75 worthy of a top-20 ranking? If so, make your case.

Don't believe I need to make a case for Pendleton Cty. They continue to take on all comers and have done pretty well with only one in-state loss to South Laurel and their other loss to St Louis Vashon.

I would agree that Mason is knocking on the door, but until the South Laurel game I don't know that the Royals had a made a legitimate case for the top 20. And if Mason belongs in the top 20, who should drop out and why?

If you really want me to pick a team a two that should fall out than ill go with LexCath and DuPont Manual .Both these teams should have to work there way back in and in my book they have been given a free pass early.But like i said this week should tell a lot so well see.

How come Lafayette is so low, Henry Clay so high but yet behind Warren Central?

Beats me. Perhaps it is two methodologies going against each other. Henry Clay did beat Central, but that was two weeks (and two losses) ago, and have been very inconsistent all season. The Central win was probably their most complete game, while losses to Lafayette & Scott County, and close wins over Tates Creek, Fern Creek, and Dunbar cast doubt on them. Central has a couple of quality wins in beating #10 Shelby County & #16 DuPont Manual, and have lost only to two top 10 opponents in Henry Clay & #6 John Hardin. So Central is 2-2 vs. the top 20, Henry Clay, 1-3. As I said, two methodologies against one another. Who do you rank higher, the consistent team that has a better record against top opponents, or the team that won the head to head. I'd tend to lean towards the latter, but you'll understand if I favor where the rankings came out.