BGP Rankings

South Laurel....won the state title last year; have most of that team back.

Morgan County....have an 8-0 record.

Mason County....played the #1 team, SL, to the wire, actually led most of the way.

Be nitpicky if you want ... aren't Pendleton and South Laurel basically right on I-75? And it's safe to say that no one questions that those two teams are clearly worthy of a ranking.

As for Morgan County ... seven of their eight wins have come against teams with losing records, and only one against a team from outside the 16th Region (and that one from the weak 15th). If Morgan wants a ranking, they need to play a more difficult schedule.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Graves County should be higher than University Heights:

1.) They beat UHA in head to head competition

2.) Their two losses, both ranked in their respective states, are a combined 21-1.

3.) They absolutely destroyed North Broward, Danny Haney's current team.

Graves beat UHA, granted, but it was a two-point game decided on last-second free throws and the game was at Graves ...it isn't as if the Eagles won convincingly. Would Graves beat UHA on a neutral court?

As for Graves-North Broward ... sure, it's an impressive win, but is North Broward that good? And you also have to count the loss to Lexington (Tenn.) almost in their back yard. A lot of people in west Tennessee will tell you Lexington isn't as good as their record or their ranking ... some rate them as the #3 team in their district and they play a suspect schedule. Lexington was 26-4 last season, including a 14-point loss to DeSales.

Is there a team from east of I-75 worthy of a top-20 ranking? If so, make your case.

I was going by this statement regarding Pendleton Cty. You ask if a team east of I-75 was worthy of the Top 20. Pendleton is east of I-75 and definitely worthy. Maybe you were unsure of where Pendleton Cty was in relationship to I-75.

Not being nitpicky as you suggest. Just helping you out with a little Kentucky geography.