December 14, 201114 yr God must hate him for 3 quarters. Or he is just being merciful for the other team.
December 14, 201114 yr It is possible. Is it not possible or even likely that God could be using Tebow's success and fame to help spread the message? If he becomes a star QB that can sustain long-term success doesn't that help spread the gospel?
December 14, 201114 yr No, God loves us all equally. BUT, do we represent God the way that Tim Tebow does? Do we trust in God the way he does?
December 14, 201114 yr Here's something Aaron Rodgers said about his faith: I feel like my stance and my desire has always been to follow a quote from St. Francis of Assisi, who said, 'Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words.' So basically, I'm not an over-the-top, or an in-your-face kind of guy with my faith. I would rather people have questions about why I act the way I act, whether they view it as positive or not, and ask questions, and then given an opportunity at some point, then you can talk about your faith a little bit. I firmly believe, just personally, what works for me, and what I enjoy doing is letting my actions speak about the kind of character that I want to have, and following that quote from St. Francis. Why do we consider Tebow the "Christian quarterback" because he is more ostentatious about his faith?
December 14, 201114 yr Here's something Aaron Rodgers said about his faith: I feel like my stance and my desire has always been to follow a quote from St. Francis of Assisi, who said, 'Preach the gospel at all times. If necessary, use words.' So basically, I'm not an over-the-top, or an in-your-face kind of guy with my faith. I would rather people have questions about why I act the way I act, whether they view it as positive or not, and ask questions, and then given an opportunity at some point, then you can talk about your faith a little bit. I firmly believe, just personally, what works for me, and what I enjoy doing is letting my actions speak about the kind of character that I want to have, and following that quote from St. Francis. Why do we consider Tebow the "Christian quarterback" because he is more ostentatious about his faith? I read that Rodgers quote a few weeks ago. I lean that way vs Tebow's way.
December 14, 201114 yr I think that all of the Tebow hype is a little bit overblown at this point in time. Yes they are winning, but pesonally I feel that a "perfect storm" of sorts has occurred that has enabled Denver to go on this win streak. Obviously Tebow mania has been good for the NFL and I really don't care one way or the other as to how well Tebow plays, but I still question whether he is the long term solution for Denver's QB needs. You have to give the kid credit for simply getting it done especially in the 4th quarter but I think that the role of the defense in this win streak as been several overlooked. Another factor is that their schedule during this win streak as been very favorable, especially when you consider some of the key injuries that their opponets had when they faced them. Since Tebow has became the starting QB, Denver has averaged 20.5 points per game, while the defense has given up 20.25. Three of the wins were in OT and could have very easily gone the other way. Miami - needed overtime to defeat a winless team Detriot - blownout Oakland - Raiders were without their starting QB, but Denver won comfortably. Kansas City - Won despite Tebow only throwing for 69 yards. Cheifs are 5-8. Jets - New York had to play Sunday night and turn around and play Thursday at altitude, also leading rusher Shonn Greene was limited to 3 carries due to injury. San Diego - OT win against a team that is 6-7. Minnesota - Vikings were without Peterson, yet only lost by 3. Chicago - Bear were without Cutler. Also Tebow should get Barber a really nice Christmas present for running out of bounds. Bears had the game won. I'm sorry, I know may on here will disagree, but I simply have yet to buy into the idea that Tebow is going to be a great NFL QB. Perhaps he will prove me wrong, but I while he has had success this season, I would temper my expectations over the long term given the situations that I outlined above. I'm right here with you homey.:thumb::thumb: I'll addthat Chicago played without Matt Forte also. And still almost won.
December 14, 201114 yr It's not God favoring Tim Tebow, it's Tim Tebow's faith in God. With the faith comparable to a mustard seed you can move a mountain, so why can't you win a football game with a 1/4 of a mustard seed?
December 14, 201114 yr I seriously doubt whether God cares whether or not Denver wins. I've always thought of him as a Packers fan :ylsuper:Hell Yes!!!!
December 14, 201114 yr Here's what the problem is for those who have the asinine belief that "God favors Tim Tebow" in their heads: If you believe that, then you also must, by extension, believe that God favors him at the expense of every other team -- other teams that undoubtedly also have faithful Christians on their team. It's just a completely, utterly outlandish suggestion that God cares about the outcome of a football game because of one man's in-your-face piety.
December 14, 201114 yr It is possible. Is it not possible or even likely that God could be using Tebow's success and fame to help spread the message? If he becomes a star QB that can sustain long-term success doesn't that help spread the gospel? Which Gospel is Tim spreading? If you believe in God you will be successful? Because that is certainly not the message that I read in the gospels.
December 14, 201114 yr Here's what the problem is for those who have the asinine belief that "God favors Tim Tebow" in their heads: If you believe that, then you also must, by extension, believe that God favors him at the expense of every other team -- other teams that undoubtedly also have faithful Christians on their team. It's just a completely, utterly outlandish suggestion that God cares about the outcome of a football game because of one man's in-your-face piety. This.
December 14, 201114 yr Here's food for thought. God's intention is not to help win a football game. He loves us so much he is using this to help lead a lost soul to his grace and mercy. Tim Tebow is just the instrument he is using. 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord. 9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9 (KJV)
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.