December 14, 201114 yr There is no logic behind, "he chooses whomever he wants to choose". So how can someone still play? But if the Bible records God as saying that, then that is logical for me.
December 14, 201114 yr I fail to see how it has on my part. But it definitely seems that when presented with a logical counter-point the pro-Tebow side goes the "take my ball and go home" route. But that's just my viewpoint. No, it's simply the fact that we could debate this till we're both blue in the face and at the end of the day you'll still think those that are pro-Tebow are misguided. For the record, I've never been one to say, in a serious manner at least, that God favors Tebow. I find the notion to be pretty ridiculous in truth, but if he does indeed "favor" him, who cares? You asking why God favors Tebow is like asking me why I favor brunettes over blondes. It's a preference. I couldn't give you an exact reason for it, I just know if I have a choice, I'm going brunette.
December 14, 201114 yr But if the Bible records God as saying that, then that is logical for me.Therein probably lies the problem for this entire argument for me. I fail to accept that as logic.
December 14, 201114 yr No, it's simply the fact that we could debate this till we're both blue in the face and at the end of the day you'll still think those that are pro-Tebow are misguided. For the record, I've never been one to say, in a serious manner at least, that God favors Tebow. I find the notion to be pretty ridiculous in truth, but if he does indeed "favor" him, who cares? You asking why God favors Tebow is like asking me why I favor brunettes over blondes. It's a preference. I couldn't give you an exact reason for it, I just know if I have a choice, I'm going brunette. So basically we are both bored at work. And for the most part you are choosing to play devil's advocate while I debate whether an imaginary being (to me) favors a football player.
December 14, 201114 yr Therein probably lies the problem for this entire argument for me. I fail to accept that as logic. I think you're right. If you don't mind my asking, what are your thoughts concerning God? Does He exist? If so, what is He like? And if He exists, on what basis do you form your opinions of Him?
December 14, 201114 yr I think you're right. If you don't mind my asking, what are your thoughts concerning God? Does He exist? If so, what is He like? And if He exists, on what basis do you form your opinions of Him? I'm atheist.
December 14, 201114 yr ^ I gathered that from #94, but had already posted the question. Our differences in opinion on this, then, are not about Tim Tebow. Rather, it's about God. So rather than :deadhorse: I'll have that discussion with you at another time. Always enjoy the discussion with you, though. :thumb:
December 14, 201114 yr ^ I gathered that from #94, but had already posted the question. Our differences in opinion on this, then, are not about Tim Tebow. Rather, it's about God. So rather than :deadhorse: I'll have that discussion with you at another time. Always enjoy the discussion with you, though. :thumb: No problems, and I enjoy the discussion too. I am mainly intrigued by the idea that God could favor a particular football player. My thoughts previously said on Tebow's "brand of faith" and him shoving his religion down people's throats were genuine though.
December 14, 201114 yr So basically we are both bored at work. And for the most part you are choosing to play devil's advocate while I debate whether an imaginary being (to me) favors a football player. This is the reason for 90% of my posts made between the hours of 8-5 PM, Monday thru Friday. :lol: I'm not willing to completely dismiss the theory as being possible, but I do find it rather "out there". Although it does give my statements about him being the second coming some traction.
December 14, 201114 yr By this theory, if Brady prays extra hard, circumsizes a few kids, and appears in anti-abortion ads this week what will the outcome of Sunday's game be? :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know. I like this post an awful lot. JS's was good but I love sarcasm.
December 14, 201114 yr Which Gospel is Tim spreading? If you believe in God you will be successful? Because that is certainly not the message that I read in the gospels. Tim has always been about his faith. He wears that hat at all times. He has been gracious in victory and defeat. Even people that do not like him see him as a solid guy for the most part. If Tebow carries is faith with him as a huge athletic star it could make more people aware of God/Jesus. And I do believe the Bible says that if you believe in God you will be successful. Maybe not an NFL star, but by faith your needs will be taken care of. Of course each of us has to do our part, but my understanding is that God will reward the faithful.
December 14, 201114 yr :lol: :lol: :lol: I don't know. I like this post an awful lot. JS's was good but I love sarcasm. Thank you! I was rather proud.
December 14, 201114 yr No problems, and I enjoy the discussion too. I am mainly intrigued by the idea that God could favor a particular football player. My thoughts previously said on Tebow's "brand of faith" and him shoving his religion down people's throats were genuine though. I understand. For me...about what intrigues you...I was just referencing some Scriptural incidents in which God favors the faithful in a material way & then doesn't favor others. In the case of John the Baptist, Jesus stated that John was the greatest man born of woman. Greater than Moses, Abraham, David, etc. Yet he ended up imprisoned & beheaded. The Bible says that John the Baptist was, in a sense, a second coming of Elijah the prophet. Elijah's fortunes were far different--he's one of two Biblical individuals who never tasted death. He was taken into heaven on a chariot of fire, according to 2 Kings. All that to say this...The Bible forms my worldview, so what is contained in it is logical for me, even though I admittedly don't comprehend everything contained within its pages. I don't understand why God sometimes does things He does, or refrains from doing things in certain moments. But as I mentioned elsewhere, I believe if I can fully understand God--if I can quantify Him--then He ceases to be God. I believe Him to be much bigger than my tiny mind can comprehend. Back to Tebow...if you held a gun to my head and forced me to say, I would guess that God has not caused the Broncos/Tebow to win or lose. I think this recent hot streak of Denver's comes to an end Sunday, as I predicted in the Pick 'Em contest. But at the same time, I readily admit I could be in error.
December 14, 201114 yr This is the reason for 90% of my posts made between the hours of 8-5 PM, Monday thru Friday. :lol: I'm not willing to completely dismiss the theory as being possible, but I do find it rather "out there". Although it does give my statements about him being the second coming some traction. If he is the second coming, does he need God's favor?
December 14, 201114 yr There are plenty of atheist who are very successful. What's up with that?God loves everyone, but sucess on earth compared to eteranl life. God believes in the Atheist. There are thousands of people who are doing well who are non believers, and there are also thousands who are aborted. We cannot question the ways of God, but he wants us happy and sosmetimes Life is just that Life and even Christians will suffer, but not four ever. Tim has platform, and he cannot control it. He was also almost aborted by his parents. No control on that one either.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.