December 19, 201114 yr :lol: Again, I appreciate the humor. I can't speak for Tim, but as for me I can honestly state that my wife is as beautiful to me on the outside as I am sure Giselle is to Tom... and that's just on the outside. I do not know Tom or Giselle personally, but I have a difficult time imagining that Mrs. Tom Brady is anywhere near as beautiful on the inside as my wife is. Again, I do not envy Tom Brady in any way... I cannot imagine Tim Tebow does either. I wish them the greatest joy in their marriage. I have no doubt that Tim has a beautiful "godly" woman in his future. All things in due time. :thumb: Wouldn't trade Mama for anyone. I ought to post some pics myself. But look at 1st Samaul 16:7. here Samuel is looking for the new king and goes thru all of Jessie's sons, but can't find the king. There is one left a shepherd boy who comes in, he smells like sheep, stinks, is dirty and nasty. Samuel says OH No LORD, not him, look at him, The LORD replies, Man looks at the outward apperance, I look at his heart". So, I hope she has a kind heart, but looks are not everything. Tim will be fine, sometimes you have to give the other team some credit. That is all well and good, but she is smoking hot. :lol: Or as my mom would say, she "is a Matthew 5:28."
December 19, 201114 yr Nevermind...apparently that one picture with him and the girl is just a fan picture. She is not his girlfriend. Too bad for Timmy.
December 19, 201114 yr Nevermind...apparently that one picture with him and the girl is just a fan picture. She is not his girlfriend. Too bad for Timmy.Even if Tebow had a smoking hot girlfriend, wouldn't that be like me buying a Lambo but taking out the engine?
December 19, 201114 yr Even if Tebow had a smoking hot girlfriend, wouldn't that be like me buying a Lambo but taking out the engine? Yep. It most certainly would.
December 20, 201114 yr If you haven't seen the SNL skit, check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ul2dhNaQgxM&NR=1&feature=endscreen
January 9, 201214 yr Pretty interesting thread after Tebow throws for 316 yards, averaging 31.6 yards a completion. My question..... If Tebow was an atheist would he be as beloved? Would people still make excuses for his inability to complete intermediate passes on 3rd and 9 to keep the drive going? Would he still be a 'winner' in people's eyes if he didn't believe in God? I say he would be vilified and people would say things like...."imagine how good he'd be if he believed in God."
January 9, 201214 yr ^If Tebow was an atheist the media wouldn't be making it 24/7 Tebow mania. I have that same thought at first but Tebow has had a remarkable season. We haven't seen a qb with his lack of a skill set still be able to win games the way he has. I think it'd be kind of hard to not acknowledge his success. Especially after yesterday.
January 9, 201214 yr I think that at first but Tebow has had a remarkable season. We haven't seen a qb with his lack of a skill set still be able to win games the way he has. I think it'd be kind of hard to not acknowledge his success. Especially after yesterday. I don't think his skill set is that far off of a guy like Vick...Obviously Vick is more athletic (and polished), but their skill sets are pretty close IMO.
January 9, 201214 yr Through the whole Tebow run a few weeks back, people only talked about his deficiencies. Hard not to when you watch him play. But many neglected to point out any of his strengths, most notably his ability not to turn over the ball. The previous three games he started turning over the ball and they lost. In the run before that he was at a crazy good TD/INT ratio.
January 9, 201214 yr I don't think his skill set is that far off of a guy like Vick...Obviously Vick is more athletic (and polished), but their skill sets are pretty close IMO. True. I've never heard any praise for Vick's skill set either.
January 9, 201214 yr I don't think God really is concerned about sports. Why would He answer Tebow's prayers but not the kicker from Stanford in their bowl game loss to Oklahoma State? I saw him on the sidelines making the cross sign on his chest and praying, just before he missed the biggest field goal of his life.
January 9, 201214 yr This kid took a broken season (1-4) for Denver and went on a 7-1 run of ugly wins as he adjusted to the big time, and put them in the playoff picture for the first time since 2006. In his first true season of meaningful playing time, he took a team of doubters and made them believers. He hasn’t done it with super human strength, but with very obvious human imperfections. He doesn’t suck up the glory for his successes or pass the buck to blame others for his failures. Yes, he had the help of all his teammates, a stubborn defense and a gifted kicker… but so did Kyle Orton. No one can argue that Tebow has been the key factor in Denver’s turn around. Instead of trying to squeeze a big square peg in a smooth round hole, yesterday, for the first time in his 12 games as a starter, his ultra conservative coaching staff opened things up and let him play more of his style of football. The result was two TDs and two field goals in the second quarter alone. One of the best defenses in the NFL gave up more passing yards in that single quarter (185) than they allowed on average in games the entire season (171.9). Not one time did Pittsburgh tackle Tebow for a loss, force him to fumble, or snag a pass for an interception. Of the eight starting QBs in action yesterday, Tebow’s 125.6 passer rating was one of only three in triple digits. The other two were Eli Manning and Drew Brees, both of whom have won Super Bowls already. I recall at least two passes yesterday where Tebow drilled his receivers in the numbers and they muffed the reception. Quite frankly, all the talk of Tebow not being a competent QB is a worn out old record… at least in this game against Pittsburgh. In fact, it was the Steelers banking on Tebow’s weaknesses that was their downfall. If a guy that throws for 316 yards for two TDs, 0 sacks, 0 yards lost, 0 fumbles, 0 interceptions against one of the league’s best defenses is incompetent, then three-quarters of the other QBs in the NFL aren’t competent either. Whether anyone chooses to acknowledge the humble power of faith in God, this kid was a premier NFL QB Sunday against Pittsburgh.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.