Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does God favor Tim Tebow?

Featured Replies

What would be a better example of Christian faith than a sinner who's fallen, risen and then turned his life around?

 

 

So seeing Mike Vick do ads for dogs doesn't bother you?

  • Replies 205
  • Views 22.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So seeing Mike Vick do ads for dogs doesn't bother you?

 

No, not at all.

No, not at all.

 

You are probably in the minority. I can think of many dog lovers that hate it. I can also think of many women who wouldn't believe Roethlisberger is a good Christian.

No, not at all.

 

You are probably in the minority. I can think of many dog lovers that hate it. I can also think of many women who wouldn't believe Roethlisberger is a good Christian.

I don't follow you. He's an average qb that went to Florida that I have never liked. :lol:

 

Tyler Hansbrough is an average power forward that went to UNC that I have never liked. :lol:

 

You've said on here numerous times you don't like Tebow because of his QB play. In reality you don't like Tebow because he's Tebow.

You've said on here numerous times you don't like Tebow because of his QB play. In reality you don't like Tebow because he's Tebow.

 

 

No. I don't know Tebow so I can't honestly say I don't like him as a person. I don't like Tebow the football player/athlete. I have nothing against Tebow the person. That is what I mean when I say that.

 

I don't like Tom Brady the football player/athlete but he is a great quarterback. Do you follow me now?

No. I don't know Tebow so I can't honestly say I don't like him as a person. I don't like Tebow the football player/athlete. I have nothing against Tebow the person. That is what I mean when I say that.

 

I don't like Tom Brady the football player/athlete but he is a great quarterback. Do you follow me now?

 

Gotcha, now I get what you're saying. I was taking it that you didn't like Tebow because of his QB play (i.e. the same skill set as Mike Vick).

Gotcha, now I get what you're saying. I was taking it that you didn't like Tebow because of his QB play (i.e. the same skill set as Mike Vick).

 

 

Oh no. I like Vick, Newton, the old Steve Young....and many others. I always kind of liked running qbs.

I don't think God cares about football, But He cares about Tim Tebow and God sees Tim's heart and humility toward Him. I also think that God cares and loves all people, so yes, from time to time He raises up people, with a certain demeanor and personality, with certain gifting and platform, for the sake of sharing and preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ...the only hope for salvation for all people. What is so amazing to me is how many people have put their thoughts toward God, even if is just to argue, just in a few weeks of Tebow Time. And this morning, I read and article on foxsports.com that had John 3:16 quoted in the article, and I thought wow, how many people are going to read this scripture (Word of God) that would have not read it at all otherwise...just because God allowed Tim to throw for 316 yards. Summary - God cares about people, and He will use anything, football, Tim Tebow, whoever or whatever for His purpose of love and redemption to mankind.
Well said...
Good post until you put Roethlisberger and Jesus in the same sentence. Probably not a good model for athletes that are devout Christians.
I believe the point is that at one time, Big Ben was an "on fire" believer too. He experienced success beyond his years (I know of no other QB posting a 15-0 record in their first 15 starts in the NFL) before the pull of the world wooed him away... only to find him returning to his Christian roots in the past couple of years.

 

In Tebow we see a kid raised to be a missionary... an evangelist... a leader of humility and quiet strength. In Rothlisberger, we see a prodigal son come home. Both reflect what it is to be a repentant and forgiven sinner... a Christian. :thumb:

I firmly believe the 316 was thought provoking but purely coincidental. I could definitely see people being touched enough to read the passage but couldn't you make a Bible verse from any stats? Granted the 316 is Tebow's favorite verse but it is a coincidental moment with numbers in my opinion.

I believe the point is that at one time, Big Ben was an "on fire" believer too. He experienced success beyond his years (I know of no other QB posting a 15-0 record in their first 15 starts in the NFL) before the pull of the world wooed him away... only to find him returning to his Christian roots in the past couple of years.

 

In Tebow we see a kid raised to be a missionary... an evangelist... a leader of humility and quiet strength. In Rothlisberger, we see a prodigal son come home. Both reflect what it is to be a repentant and forgiven sinner... a Christian. :thumb:

 

 

I thought Ben's perversion with women began while he was in college. I could be wrong but I thought stories surfaced from his college days about him not being so gentlemanly.

I thought Ben's perversion with women began while he was in college. I could be wrong but I thought stories surfaced from his college days about him not being so gentlemanly.
I have no knowledge of any of that, and consequently no axe to grind with Big Ben. All I know is there's room at the cross for all who choose to believe and repent. I believe, and find myself repenting daily. While Tebow inspires, guys like Rothlisberger give hope to guys like me.
I have no knowledge of any of that, and consequently no axe to grind with Big Ben. All I know is there's room at the cross for all who choose to believe and repent. I believe, and find myself repenting daily. While Tebow inspires, guys like Rothlisberger give hope to guys like me.

 

I feel you. I have no beef with Roethlisberger. I like him more now than I did 5 years ago.

If there were a god that was involved in creating the entire universe, why would what Tim Tebow does matter to it. Seems like micro management.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.