Pendleton County 81 Ashland 61

Did PC's coach hold back just a little for tomorrow nights game against states #1 team?

No. Biggs said after the game his team had a hard time adjusting, as they had prepared to face pressure from Ashland. The 10-2 spurt midway through the fourth quarter finally gave PC some breathing room, stretching an 8-point lead to 16. After that McDavid and Thomas — who both had success driving to the hole and scoring — had trouble knocking down shots.

Overlooked in all this is Pendleton's 40-15 advantage on the glass. Both teams shot 50 percent or better.

Ash:

McDavid - 19 pts, 5 reb.

Thomas - 15

PC:

Mains - 21, 7 reb

Davis - 10 (four of which came during the 10-2 4th Q spurt on nifty drives to the hole)

Elliott - 19, 6

Belcher - 17, 7

Regardless of what anyone says, it is obvious that Ashland has the most loyal and optimistic fans anywhere. They are to be commended. I hope the team appreciates them. Also, I would like to see the Republicans in the Senate learn a little about loyalty from them. Maybe we can replace Senator Specter with Senator AT41. Come to think of it, there are a large number of churches around here that could use their optimism. Let's tip our hats (or caps) to the Ashland supporters. You are, truly, in a class all by yourselves.

I've yet to see the Tomcats play this year, but they sure sound like they are a heck of a lot more exciting to watch this year. I hope to make it to some of the AIT this year to see them play.

I'm planning on packing a picnic basket, and attending the AIT. If you can get a break from that hectic schedule, we might be able to get together for a game or two.

Frances

This is where that tough schedule comes into play. If you play a lot of bad teams and aren't really tested and you don't go through some adversity, you won't grow, mature, and improve as a team. I really like what Flynn has done with this schedule. Playing some of the tougher teams in the state and seeing all these good players and having to make adjustments to stay with them only helps you throughout the year. And come tourney time the TCATS will be ready!