LSU-Alabama for national title ... ?

westsider

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To clarify my feeling about LSU and Alabama...

If LSU wins that game, I think Alabama should be out of the picture because they lost on their home field. What would make them deserving of a rematch on a neutral field if they couldn't win at home?

If Alabama wins, then I think LSU at least has a case to remain in the discussion. That scenario obviously depends on how Alabama wins. If they dominate, then LSU should be out as well. If it goes down to the wire, then the case could easily be that a neutral site might swing the result.

If LSU wins that game, I think Alabama should be out of the picture because they lost on their home field. What would make them deserving of a rematch on a neutral field if they couldn't win at home?

A close loss or overtime loss to perhaps the best team in the country would make for a decent case. Gee, just because a team loses to someone once doesn't mean they won't beat them in the rematch.

A close loss or overtime loss to perhaps the best team in the country would make for a decent case. Gee, just because a team loses to someone once doesn't mean they won't beat them in the rematch.

If I remember correctly, in '96, Florida lost to Florida St. during the season, but beat them in the Bowl game and were voted national champs

If Alabama cannot beat LSU on its home field knowing what is at stake, I don't want to see a rematch. I'd rather see LSU play someone else.

In fact, I'd prefer to see the winner play someone else regardless, but LSU's argument would be better across the board for getting back into the game with one loss.

Tougher schedule and lost on the road.

I would say it's possible a rematch would favor the loser if the game is close.

I agree with 5, if we lose to these guys there has to be some others in the top 1/2/3/4/5/6/7 during the remainer to lose too. We lost to them last year by a Field goal as our QB dropped the ball on a sack, so I like our channces, but we still have a long way to go.

The playoffs for college football has started, people want one we now have one.

I agree with 5, if we lose to these guys there has to be some others in the top 1/2/3/4/5/6/7 during the remainer to lose too. We lost to them last year by a Field goal as our QB dropped the ball on a sack, so I like our channces, but we still have a long way to go.

The playoffs for college football has started, people want one we now have one.

No this is not a playoff at all. Playoffs guarntee if you keep winning, you will be the champion. This system does not guarntee that at all. We really could have four or five undefeated teams at the end of the year with one from the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, Pac 12, and then Boise. The system right now guarntees NOTHING to a team even if they win all their games, and that is not right. Even with Boise yes they don't play a top schedule, however I truly believe they are at least one of the top 8 teams in the country. If they were undefeated they would at least deserve a shot to go after the title. This sytem we have now sucks plain and simple. People talk that if we had a playoff system that it would take away from the season and that is wrong. If you had an 8 team playoff system taking the 6 teams who win their conference championship in the BCS conferences and then the two at larges. It guarntees that we have the best teams play, and guarntees the season means something. Since the only way you know for sure that you get a shot at the title is still by winning and having to win your conference. This is no playoff what we will be seeing now. The system sucks.

Future, actually for my team the playoffs started six weeks ago.if we go undefeated we are in the BCSNC, and thats the only team I worry about making it that far. I pull for the Cards/Cats and if they go undefeated they might be in. It also goes in with how the teams you have played and how they end up. I'd hate to see the Sooners be 12-0 and Wisconsin 11-0 and us too at 12-0. Then who gets to play in the BCSNC game? Boise State, its just the way things match up with the SOS.

I wouldn't mind to see a "Plus One" game, let the Sooners and Wisconsin or us play a game and the winner of that one play the other BCS rated #1 team in the BCSNC game. That would be fair thing to do, back when USC beat the Sooners badly and Auburn watched.

I would love to see the study that showed a playoff v BCS financial report. I can't believe that a playoff w each eliminated conference champion filling its contracted bowl slots wouldn't make more. The basketball tourney sure isn't hurting for funding

Still don't know if it will happen but after today I am even more convinced that LSU and Bama are the best two teams out there. If the game on Nov 5th lives up to the hype, then I would be fine with a rematch for the title. Especially if Oklahoma St. and Stanford end up with one loss. I do not want to see even an undefeated Boise St. in the title game. Beating Air Force today does nothing for me, look at what Notre Dame did to them two weeks ago. For that matter look at what Notre Dame did to Michigan St. a few weeks ago. That should show that Wisconsin wasn't near as good as the SEC duo. Now if either LSU or Bama blows the other out, than sure, no reason to rematch, but otherwise I think the possibility of a rematch still exist.

If Alabama wins, then I think LSU at least has a case to remain in the discussion. That scenario obviously depends on how Alabama wins. If they dominate, then LSU should be out as well. If it goes down to the wire, then the case could easily be that a neutral site might swing the result.

I think it is all about the scored, if it's a 10 point game or less then they are numbers 1 & 2 not questions asked IMO.

We are only half of the way through the season and I know it is fun to talk about but it is also possible that neither play for the title. I don't think that will happen but if each of them sustain a loss and teams like Oklahoma, Stanford or Wisconson go undefeated that could happen.

Only Stanford could do that npw, and they still face the Ducks as well as USC. Maybe more than once.