LSU-Alabama for national title ... ?

westsider

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are only half of the way through the season and I know it is fun to talk about but it is also possible that neither play for the title. I don't think that will happen but if each of them sustain a loss and teams like Oklahoma, Stanford or Wisconson go undefeated that could happen.

These two imo are the two best teams in the country but a remstch for the NC just is not going to happen. I just don't think that the two would be put in the NC game. The winner of the Bama/LSU game in a few weeks imo will be in the title game vs. Wisconsin or the winner of the OK. State/ Oklahoma game.

These two imo are the two best teams in the country but a remstch for the NC just is not going to happen. I just don't think that the two would be put in the NC game. The winner of the Bama/LSU game in a few weeks imo will be in the title game vs. Wisconsin or the winner of the OK. State/ Oklahoma game.

I think you're probably right, but by the same token, the other undefeated teams have some tough sledding here in the final half of the season:

* Wisconsin plays its next two games on the road against Michigan State & Ohio State...then they end the season @ Illinois & vs. Penn State.

* Only one of the three currently undefeated Big 12 teams (OU, OSU, KSU) can go undefeated. And it's very plausible that none of them go undefeated, since they all have yet to play each other.

* Clemson has five regular season games remaining, three of which are on the road @ GTech, South Carolina, & NC State. One of the home games is vs. UNC.

* Stanford has to go to USC & Oregon State, while also playing home games vs. Washington, Cal & Notre Dame.

* Should Alabama beat LSU (which I think will happen), they end the regular season @ Auburn. A rivalry game with national title hopes on the line? Anything can happen there.

We're only halfway through the season, so there are numerous scenarios that could play out. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

I'm not sure how good Stanford is. All of their opponents to date are .500 or worse.

Bottom line at this point is the SEC and Big 12 schools control their own destinies. The ball is in their hands right now. LSU, Alabama, Oklahoma and OK State...for all 4 schools the end game is win and you're in.

Boise is in prime position to sneak in this year and get their chance.

How is their position any different than last year? They still need to go undefeated and cannot have more than one major conference power be undefeated. Same situation as always for them.

How is their position any different than last year? They still need to go undefeated and cannot have more than one major conference power be undefeated. Same situation as always for them.

Well the thread is about an Alabama LSU rematch in the title game, I would wager considerable money that Boise won't lose this year and would leap the loser of Bama and LSU in this scenario.

Well the thread is about an Alabama LSU rematch in the title game, I would wager considerable money that Boise won't lose this year and would leap the loser of Bama and LSU in this scenario.

I disagree entirely....LSU could lose a game @Bama and win out and still be (and deservedly so) ahead of Boise. Boise's # should continue to drop with each passing week IMO. They play a schedule the Little Sisters of the Poor would be envious of.