Obamas Speech

cammando

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't this proposed bill include a lot of ideas that Republicans are pushing for? Do you think those ideas are bad also?

According to Obama it does but he didn't say which ideas and which Rep. Do you know or are you just taking his word for it? And does that make them good ideas?

The ridiculous regulations on coal mining.
You mean the ones that are supposed to ensure the safety of the coal miner , as long as the companies adhere to them , or do you want to go back to the good old days where mine and miners safety was an afterthought .

I thought you told me that the first trillion wasn't enough.

I did and it wasn't.

It was only good enough for a roughly two years and that he should of gotten more money.

He should have, a very half hearted effort out of our Congress, but interestingly enough the major investment banks got exactly what they needed.

Are you saying that this new deal only worth not even half of the previous stimulus will fix our economy?

It will not, may lower UE by a percent or two but nothing will fix our economy when easy, cheap and unregulated labor exists over seas. When a bill is introduced to fix that I will know someone is serious about Unemployment but it's not happening.

Does he need more or do you think it is okay that he spends money, which according to you, won't fix it very long. A bandage rather than a cure. You need to start making up your mind.

My mind is and has been made up and as I referenced before every effort will be a bandage until the something happens to either deter companies from shipping manufacturing jobs overseas or offers at least an equal incentive to get them to leave the jobs here or create some. Simply offering tax cuts hoping that jobs are created is the great laffer curve fallacy, all that does is allow corporations and "the job creators" to sit on cash which if you've been paying attention US companies are hording at this time. So given the information that US companies/corporations aren't individuals and are completely bottom line driven(no patriotism) and will not voluntarily keep jobs here at a higher labor cost someone has to fill the job creator need. If Obama or our Congress is serious about UE especially long term UE the government has to be the one to create them until something changes in China and India, with tariffs or domestic labor policy in the form of New Deal era labor programs. So yes it should be more or it is a bandaid a very small one. I haven't seen any suggestions from you, what would you do?

He should ask his GE man -who was sitting next to the First Lady-as to why he sends jobs over to Asia, that may be a start, don't you think?

And no, offering tax cuts is obviously incentives. Why do you think President Obama offered them in his speech to businesses who higher people who have been unemployed? We have one of the highest corporate tax rates. You don't think that is a negative to business? Well if you disagree, tell me why companies will go to China whose corporate tax rate is 25% while ours is 35-40%? That is one of the first things I would do. I would reform the tax code, close loopholes. I would stop spending money like a teenage child who has parents that have given her a credit card but no regard as to where that money comes from. I would quit trying to do the same old same old Keynesian economics policy that didn't work in Europe.

Do you remember when China beat out Japan to be the worlds 2nd largest economy? Do you know the only country to beat out the US in highest corporate tax rates is Japan? Did you know that Japan kept trying to spend their way out of their economy problems but obviously, it didn't work.

If you don't think this is enough money to cure the problem why are you in support of it? In two years we are going to be in the same spot we are in now unless something drastic is changes. Not the same old.

You mean the ones that are supposed to ensure the safety of the coal miner , as long as the companies adhere to them , or do you want to go back to the good old days where mine and miners safety was an afterthought .

Why don't you let the people who are willing to coal mine be the judge of their safety? I think most would rather have a job than have idiotic regulations. Most regulations are environmental. Not to protect the workers.

Nope, the safety ones I have no problem with, considering my father is one of the lead safety directors for Arch Coal.

Its the idiotic and ridiculous rule on surface mining, mountain top removal, and environmental standards that ONLY coal companies are held to.