Obamas Speech

cammando

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$800 billion in stimulus didn't work so why would $400 billion if that is what this is, and it is.

Clyde, this answered the question you asked of me--"And?"

Brings to mind the old definition of insanity--doing the same thing over & over but expecting different results. And I would add to the previous $800 billion the smaller stimulus Bush did, when everyone got checks in the mail & then for the most part, put the money back rather than spent it.

If this plan doesn't work and the previous stimulus plan did not work, what can Obama and Congress do? What are ideas that people think would help with the economy and jobs that aren't being put in place?

This President is not going to get it done. He has alienated Wall Street since he took office and now realizes he needs business on his side to get things done. He made the fateful error of going after health care first, and made alot of enemies in the process. Business does not trust him and for good reason. They are stalling him out, because he went after them, and with all of the uncertainty of the tax situation, and attempts to create class warfare, he is a already a lame duck President. If the country elects him again, and who knows, maybe they will, this inertia will take place for at least 5 more years. I personally hope he isn't re-elected and we can move on to a true consensus builder...(D or R).