Miami in Big Trouble?

Hangman

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor offenses? Minor is sending too many text messages or having a recruit speak to you when he isn't allowed to. These are very major offenses.
Why are they major? Every national show I have listened to, aren't even worrying about him being a chaperone. On Fox Sports Radio, yesterday, they alluded to the fact that the "worst" thing he did was to borrow the money, and 0% interest. However, had he borrowed the money at 1% interest, and paid it back, that's allowed. Sounds real major huh?

Is it illegal for a coach to take a recruit to a booster's house? Not sure . I assume not. So, in that narrow action my guess is that Hurtt did nothing wrong by NCAA rules.

The NCAA is going to have to have some evidence that Hurtt knew what was going on once he delivered them or come up with something we haven't read about yet.

There's no question Hurtt is guilty and knew what was going on. That doesn't mean the NCAA can prove it.

IF I'm Charlie Strong I'd hesitate on saying much about Hurtt because it's obvious he was involved ASSUMING any of this stuff is true. I'd saying nothing more than "until the NCAA tells me he did something wrong or until he does something here that I don't like he's on my staff." I would not DEFEND him as being innocent. That could come back to bite ol' Charlie.

Is it illegal for a coach to take a recruit to a booster's house? Not sure . I assume not. So, in that narrow action my guess is that Hurtt did nothing wrong by NCAA rules.

The NCAA is going to have to have some evidence that Hurtt knew what was going on once he delivered them or come up with something we haven't read about yet.

There's no question Hurtt is guilty and knew what was going on. That doesn't mean the NCAA can prove it.

IF I'm Charlie Strong I'd hesitate on saying much about Hurtt because it's obvious he was involved ASSUMING any of this stuff is true. I'd saying nothing more than "until the NCAA tells me he did something wrong or until he does something here that I don't like he's on my staff." I would not DEFEND him as being innocent. That could come back to bite ol' Charlie.

This is what I am saying. Sounds like Hurtt may be in a cloud of dust, but could come out clean.

LSU, Oregon, NC, Vols, Auburn, Ohio State, USC, and now the Canes, teams in rouble, did I miss anyone?

These are "major", calling kids dead period, or too much, is minor, Alabama got hit (money to high school coach from a booster) when it involves money & recruits getting it, it major. In fact its number one on the charts for misdeeds.

Edited by Alabama Larry
Added second part

LSU, Oregon, NC, Vols, Auburn, Ohio State, USC, and now the Canes, teams in rouble, did I miss anyone?

These are "major", calling kids dead period, or too much, is minor, Alabama got hit (money to high school coach from a booster) when it involves money & recruits getting it, it major. In fact its number one on the charts for misdeeds.

Boise State, WVU, and isn’t there a possibility of Alabama too with the jersey thing?

There is a store that no longer can have bama folks go into, but its ok, we had a textbook thing a couple of years ago and we are still on probation for that, so if we have ANY thing again, we will lose a lot, thats why its called probation. My whole family are Card fans and when they asked me about the coach I just tell them the NCAA likes it when a coach in question is under the gun, he is gone, Tressell/Pearle/USC AD/Vol AD Sampson from IU, so...

I would not be surprised if Jurich pulls the trigger, but I'm not hoping this happens, the text from Nevin back in february with the loans don't look good. The NCAA are a different type of folks.

The NFL doesn't want players circumventing NCAA punishments and using the NFL Supplemental as an out. Essentially he left in poor standing and ineligible for certain offenses.

My initial point regarding Strong was to say he hadn't read article.

Do you honestly think that Hurtt didn't know what Shapiro was doing?

He was a big conduit for Shapiro to recruits. There is speculation he was the "bag man".

Why would he need a loan from Shapiro when he was making around 300k?

All of the items in the article have been corroborated. There is even more that they have not written that they are trying to find hard evidence on. There is more heat, but will not write until they can prove it. That in itself is scary.

The U is also looking like they just will lay down and accept all as fact and plead for mercy.

If true then Hurrt is implicated in some fashion because of his relationship of feeding recruits to Shapiro, knowingly taking money from him as well. The NCAA could ban him from coaching.

Why are they major? Every national show I have listened to, aren't even worrying about him being a chaperone. On Fox Sports Radio, yesterday, they alluded to the fact that the "worst" thing he did was to borrow the money, and 0% interest. However, had he borrowed the money at 1% interest, and paid it back, that's allowed. Sounds real major huh?

The best recruiting class Louisville has had in years and they're all from Miami...yep, nothing to worry about.

The best recruiting class Louisville has had in years and they're all from Miami...yep, nothing to worry about.
I'll worry when the situation warrants it. Per the current accusations against Hurtt, I am not actively worried. Obviously that can change on a dime. I don't like his being "in" the scandal. However, I am not "scared" of the information about him brought forth. We'll see going forward.

The U is also looking like they just will lay down and accept all as fact and plead for mercy.

If true then Hurrt is implicated in some fashion because of his relationship of feeding recruits to Shapiro, knowingly taking money from him as well. The NCAA could ban him from coaching.

In theory, I guess they COULD. I think it is highly unlikely. Keep in mind, we're still not hearing any U of L "chatter" nationally. Know why? Because this isn't a Louisville issue. Yes, Louisville currently employs a coach with supposed baggage, but at this point, it's just that, baggage. Until the NCAA announces an investigation of Louisville, this is all off season fodder for conversation.