Louisville man charged in shooting of boy, 12....

I live in the area and know the guy they interviewed and his son, my kid plays with those boys, just thank God a life wan't lost, Doug said these were good kids then they are.

We did this a lot, thats how we tried to improve our speed. This guy has some major issues. The kids were not on his property when they were shot, he could really be in trouble.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The comments with the article are insane.

There's one guy who's defending the guy who shot the kid, because "Bishop thought it was a prowler". Now I ask...how many prowlers ring the freakin' doorbell?

Another guy says "First ding-dong-ditch, then vandalism, then cop killing by the time he's 20". Really?! That's a natural progression? PUHLEEEZE! Can we say extremist?

Stupid people...period.

That last guy is beyond extremist, in fact, he's beyond stupid.

He was sitting on his porch when the kids walked up. He was holding his shotgun and they took and then he shot. The nite before was when they bothered him. He now has given up his guns, due back in to court July 5th, home on bond. Todays, Courier-Journal in the editoral collums some folks side with him, and I had a buddy who wants to pay for his lawyer, my buddy has no kids.

He was sitting on his porch when the kids walked up. He was holding his shotgun and they took and then he shot. The nite before was when they bothered him. He now has given up his guns, due back in to court July 5th, home on bond. Todays, Courier-Journal in the editoral collums some folks side with him, and I had a buddy who wants to pay for his lawyer, my buddy has no kids.

I wouldn't have a problem with him calling the police on them, standing in his yard screaming and yelling at them, or even knocking on the parents doors and ratting them out. But I have a problem with shooting a shotgun in a neighborhood. And I have a REAL problem shooting AT someone. I've been monitoring the comments and I can't understand those who feel he was justified, and that the kid got what he deserved. That's what I can't understand.

I wouldn't have a problem with him calling the police on them, standing in his yard screaming and yelling at them, or even knocking on the parents doors and ratting them out. But I have a problem with shooting a shotgun in a neighborhood. And I have a REAL problem shooting AT someone. I've been monitoring the comments and I can't understand those who feel he was justified, and that the kid got what he deserved. That's what I can't understand.
That's because you're normal......he isn't.....neither are some of those making the comments.

Maybe Mr. Bishop was awoken from deep sleep and not thinking clearly. Maybe he felt the safety of his family was being threatened.

About 5 years ago our neighborhood experienced a series of intruders playing "ding dong ditch" at about midnight on the weekends. This went on for months. It totally freaked out the older folks on the street. It was so bad that a couple of us decided to hide in the bushes on a Friday night and wait for them to strike. (At fortysomething years of age, I can't tell you how stupid I felt crouched down in the landscaping waiting for who knows what to happen.) After about 2 hours of hiding, a group of teenagers skulked up to the front door of an elderly couple across the street. We came out of the bushes screaming like mental patients with the intent to put an end to the practice. Thank goodness the little bas#@*& outran us or we might have been the topic of a thread. With all of the insanity in the world, you do not know what kind of mayhem prowlers have in mind. I have no sympathy for the punks who interfered with the quiet enjoyment of Mr. Bishop's residence. I'll bet he put an end to the practice in his neighborhood. We did in ours.

Maybe Mr. Bishop was awoken from deep sleep and not thinking clearly. Maybe he felt the safety of his family was being threatened.

About 5 years ago our neighborhood experienced a series of intruders playing "ding dong ditch" at about midnight on the weekends. This went on for months. It totally freaked out the older folks on the street. It was so bad that a couple of us decided to hide in the bushes on a Friday night and wait for them to strike. (At fortysomething years of age, I can't tell you how stupid I felt crouched down in the landscaping waiting for who knows what to happen.) After about 2 hours of hiding, a group of teenagers skulked up to the front door of an elderly couple across the street. We came out of the bushes screaming like mental patients with the intent to put an end to the practice. Thank goodness the little bas#@*& outran us or we might have been the topic of a thread. With all of the insanity in the world, you do not know what kind of mayhem prowlers have in mind. I have no sympathy for the punks who interfered with the quiet enjoyment of Mr. Bishop's residence. I'll bet he put an end to the practice in his neighborhood. We did in ours.

Seriously? 12 years old and not even on the man's property when he fired the shotgun. How threatened could he have felt? I'm all for protecting your home, your family and yourself, but really this awfully hard for even me to defend.

So, to fast forward to current events: Mr. Bishop was indited by the Grand Jury on Monday on assault, wanton endangerment, and tampering with physical evidence. He was freed on $10,000 full cash bond and ordered to have no contact with the boy or his family. Today, the prosecutors decide they want a higher bail and/or home incarceration, stipulation that he not contact any of the 4 boys, and not be able to drink alcohol.

Now, I really do think what he did was absolutely awful, and it makes me mad every time I think of what he did. But I feel the $10K full cash bond is fair, and he paid it. I don't know that I believe that it was a 'tragic accident' as his defense alleges. But I do feel that he had to put up $10K in cash, and those who live in Glenmary may be better off than many of us, but $10K would likely hurt if he fled and lost it. I feel it was fair and reasonable, and the prosecution is pushing here. Not to mention, can you imagine how hard it must be for him going about his business in the neighborhood? I don't feel sympathy for him, but I do believe in fairness. Am I off base?