Bishop Brossart 2011

Ram

I know people are going to say that we are haters, etc. But it just amazes me how Beechwood and Mayfield can continue to miss the cut by .5 to 1.5 boys (two year average). Despite that fact, I think as long as Brossart works hard, they can be competitive with their district teams with the exception of NCC. I know that Coach Dave Pelgen will have the defense ready to play regardless of the opponent.

I just hope they can get out of their scrimmage with Boone with a minimal number of injuries. Still not sure if this is a smart move.

Bold is not true. Go back and check your numbers. Beechwood would like to move up in class but the numbers are the numbers. If things keep going the way they are though, there is a chance Beechwood might get to 2A next time around. They added about 10 students from last report to this one. If things can continue that way, then Beechwood may be able to do both programs a favor ... get enough students to move up to 2A and help Brossart get back down to 1A.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bold is not true. Go back and check your numbers. Beechwood would like to move up in class but the numbers are the numbers. If things keep going the way they are though, there is a chance Beechwood might get to 2A next time around. They added about 10 students from last report to this one. If things can continue that way, then Beechwood may be able to do both programs a favor ... get enough students to move up to 2A and help Brossart get back down to 1A.

If you read KHSAA's numbers Beechwood just missed the cut by about 1.5-2 boys and if you continue reading, if the truly wanted to move up all they had to do was petition KHSAA, it should be a simple process. If Beechwood had any questions they could have asked Highlands, since they have played up every year up to this coming season. This information comes from Mel Webster--If Beechwood would have petitioned to move up, KHSAA would have allowed it and the lowest 2A school (Brossart) would have had the option of staying 2A or moving down to 1A.

If you read KHSAA's numbers Beechwood just missed the cut by about 1.5-2 boys and if you continue reading, if the truly wanted to move up all they had to do was petition KHSAA, it should be a simple process. If Beechwood had any questions they could have asked Highlands, since they have played up every year up to this coming season. This information comes from Mel Webster--If Beechwood would have petitioned to move up, KHSAA would have allowed it and the lowest 2A school (Brossart) would have had the option of staying 2A or moving down to 1A.

You are 100% wrong in every way. You can only move up due to geographical issues. In Beechwood's case, there was no geographical reason to move up. Since the original realignment to 6 classes--Highlands has only been allowed to move up due to their location. They haven't been allowed to "play up" because they felt like it or wanted better competition.

I am not sure when Mel Webster became the authority on what Beechwood needs to do .. but I can assure you he has no idea what Beechwood has done, is doing, or will do in the future.

I can also assure you that moving was looked into--in great detail. It was obvious from the beginning that the KHSAA was going to stay consistent in their direction.

Your insinuations are pathetic and ridiculous ... and your posts speak exactly to why certain schools will never improve. Instead of using the situation to your advantage .... you point the finger at other schools that have done things the right way for years and years.

If Beechwood was so worried about moving up ... why have they scheduled Highlands, Dixie, Simon Kenton, NCC, Covington Catholic, etc? IF you can justify that one ... let me know (I am not holding my breath).

You are 100% wrong in every way. You can only move up due to geographical issues. In Beechwood's case, there was no geographical reason to move up. Since the original realignment to 6 classes--Highlands has only been allowed to move up due to their location. They haven't been allowed to "play up" because they felt like it or wanted better competition.

I am not sure when Mel Webster became the authority on what Beechwood needs to do .. but I can assure you he has no idea what Beechwood has done, is doing, or will do in the future.

I can also assure you that moving was looked into--in great detail. It was obvious from the beginning that the KHSAA was going to stay consistent in their direction.

Your insinuations are pathetic and ridiculous ... and your posts speak exactly to why certain schools will never improve. Instead of using the situation to your advantage .... you point the finger at other schools that have done things the right way for years and years.

If Beechwood was so worried about moving up ... why have they scheduled Highlands, Dixie, Simon Kenton, NCC, Covington Catholic, etc? IF you can justify that one ... let me know (I am not holding my breath).

Take a deep breath, you said a lot there.:D Feel better:lol:

I thought you could always play up if you wanted? Didn't Highlands play up a few classes recently?

Like Quickslick said, you can only move up for geographical hardship. In other words, if you are 2A and there are no other 2A schools in a reasonable distance, you can petition to move up to 3A if there are more 3A schools in your area.

Like Quickslick said, you can only move up for geographical hardship. In other words, if you are 2A and there are no other 2A schools in a reasonable distance, you can petition to move up to 3A if there are more 3A schools in your area.

Correct if if I'm wrong but I believe when highlands was 5A they actually where considered a 3A team and petitioned to move up to 5A because no 3 0r 4A teams where in the area. Cov Cath,. I think was in the same boat?

I thought you could always play up if you wanted? Didn't Highlands play up a few classes recently?

Correct if if I'm wrong but I believe when highlands was 5A they actually where considered a 3A team and petitioned to move up to 5A because no 3 0r 4A teams where in the area. Cov Cath,. I think was in the same boat?

Yes, DRKARK, that is correct. Highlands was officially a few students short of being 4A when they first went to 6 classes. There were no other 3A schools near N. Ky. CCH I believe was the only 4A school at that time. Both Highlands and CCH petitioned to move up because of GEOGRAPHICAL reasons and the KHSAA allowed it. That is the ONLY reason a team is allowed to move up.

Beechwood has been 1A by student count with plenty of other 1A schools nearby so they are not allowed to move up. If you look at the numbers count when they first went to 6 classes, I believe there were a half dozen of more schools in 1A that were bigger than Beechwood by student count. Honestly, Emminencefront, you are on BGP enough that I am very surprised you were not aware of all that. This topic comes up very often on BGP in various threads.

I think alot of people are underestimating the Lloyd team as well this year...Last several years have been tough but there is so many returning starters back..Glad to hear Brossart has a good head coach taking over and wish him and the program the best of luck. As far as the scrimmage with Boone, try to stay away from the bigger schools, that is just asking for trouble!

Despite what any posters on here say, trust me nobody in the Brossart locker room is underestimating anyone, especially Lloyd or Holy Cross; no clue where those ideas came from?? The Mustangs have the utmost respect for all their opponents, and know they are in for a serious challenge moving to 2-A; especially since they were starting to compete with their division 1-A rivals (the Beechies excluded).

Also contrary to some of this info on here, Brossart's not whining or complaining about the move to 2-A; I'm certain they aren't excited, especially since they're a relatively new program and their current enrollment places them solidly in single A. They'll make the best of things and try and improve, as they've always done in sports.

I also can't believe anyone from Brossart has suggested that Beechwood move up to allow them to stay in 1-A either--Pure fabrication IMO! Count me as another that can see little value on the surface to scrimmaging Boone, but that's the coach's business??

The Mustangs have always challenged themselves athletically (see basketball, soccer or baseball for example), and don't duck larger opponents & rather often seek them out. While this move was out of their hands, and probably ill timed in the development of their program; no one in green is thinking they'll just walk into their 2-A district and have the same success they'd had recently in 1-A (again minus Beechwood). They will however show up, try hard and let the chips fall where they may!!

Edited by StickerMann

Yes, DRKARK, that is correct. Highlands was officially a few students short of being 4A when they first went to 6 classes. There were no other 3A schools near N. Ky. CCH I believe was the only 4A school at that time. Both Highlands and CCH petitioned to move up because of GEOGRAPHICAL reasons and the KHSAA allowed it. That is the ONLY reason a team is allowed to move up.

Beechwood has been 1A by student count with plenty of other 1A schools nearby so they are not allowed to move up. If you look at the numbers count when they first went to 6 classes, I believe there were a half dozen of more schools in 1A that were bigger than Beechwood by student count. Honestly, Emminencefront, you are on BGP enough that I am very surprised you were not aware of all that. This topic comes up very often on BGP in various threads.

You nailed it VOR and others. If Beechwood had asked to move up, there is no doubt that the KHSAA would have denied the request. I'm extremely confident of such. If Mel stated to the contrary, he was mistaken.

If Brossart's enrollment has or does significantly decrease from the numbers used recently to reclassify, they can petition the KHSAA to move them in the future. When Brossart attended a BOC meeting before the reclassification was finalized, Brossart stated that they expected their numbers to drop. But the KHSAA cannot classify based on expectations; it has to be based on the actual numbers used or else the door is opened to all kinds of manipulations.

They should have stayed A1 , I think they missed by one kid, they report the No:, they could have a kid drop out, when you are that close be safe.

Hopefully I've misinterpreted your post and you are not encouraging administrators to cheat and lie in order to improve a school's chances of winning football games. That would be a terrible message for adults to be sending kids.

This also leaves me scratching my head. Brossart better bring plenty of bodybags.

That somewhat depends on how the scrimmage is conducted. If it's a controlled scrimmage (no special teams play) and Boone has gone with the two scrimmage option (no bye), perhaps Thompson intends to use the Brossart scrimmage to work more with the backups and jvs thus decreasing the chances of a physical beat down of Brossart. Let's wait and see what happens before the Brossart coach gets thrown under the bus for scrimmaging Boone.