Bishop Brossart 2011

Ram

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they will have a good year.

Maybe out of district but who do you think they can beat in district? NCC, Newport, Lloyd or Holy Cross? I see 4 losses for Brossart right there...IMO! Do you know the rest of their schedule?

Head coach is one of the few coaches returning. It may take a while to learn new systems? 2A will be hard on them, but I think they will be 'competitive' with 3 of the teams. Hopefully they also schedule the 1A schools they played against last year that were close games. It would be nice for them to develop some rivalries without driving 4 hours into the mountains of KY. Moving up was a tough break for a developing program. I do not think they are loaded with upper class men either. I know a lot of the kids on this team, they will work hard and do their best.

Indeed! The previous two years male enrollement average was 200. Last year, they were at 175. They missed the cutoff by one male student (Mayfield I beleive was the cutoff at 199). 175 would have put them toward the middle of 1A. KHSAA are you listening?

I can see them being competetive with Newport, and Lloyd. Holy Cross will be a very tough opponent. They are not ready for NCC (this game is really a trade off since they do not play Beechwood in district)

I know people are going to say that we are haters, etc. But it just amazes me how Beechwood and Mayfield can continue to miss the cut by .5 to 1.5 boys (two year average). Despite that fact, I think as long as Brossart works hard, they can be competitive with their district teams with the exception of NCC. I know that Coach Dave Pelgen will have the defense ready to play regardless of the opponent.

I just hope they can get out of their scrimmage with Boone with a minimal number of injuries. Still not sure if this is a smart move.

I know people are going to say that we are haters, etc. But it just amazes me how Beechwood and Mayfield can continue to miss the cut by .5 to 1.5 boys (two year average). Despite that fact, I think as long as Brossart works hard, they can be competitive with their district teams with the exception of NCC. I know that Coach Dave Pelgen will have the defense ready to play regardless of the opponent.

I just hope they can get out of their scrimmage with Boone with a minimal number of injuries. Still not sure if this is a smart move.

Scrimmaging Boone is nuts!! What is either team going to get out of it?

Holy Cross is more towards NCC than Newport or Lloyd.........................I think the Brossart people are underestimating them.

I think alot of people are underestimating the Lloyd team as well this year...Last several years have been tough but there is so many returning starters back..Glad to hear Brossart has a good head coach taking over and wish him and the program the best of luck. As far as the scrimmage with Boone, try to stay away from the bigger schools, that is just asking for trouble!

I think alot of people are underestimating the Lloyd team as well this year...Last several years have been tough but there is so many returning starters back..Glad to hear Brossart has a good head coach taking over and wish him and the program the best of luck. As far as the scrimmage with Boone, try to stay away from the bigger schools, that is just asking for trouble!

I agree Lloyd is going to be much improved from everything I am hearing out of Erlanger.

Boone will get a false sense of where their teams talent level is going into the season

Brossart will get a bunch of kids on the injured list

I agree with Boone but I hope Brossart comes out injury free...They could have found a team of same caliber as them even if it means going across the river!