Why no one trusts the government

I was fine with the story of how bin Laden was killed, believed every bit of it. Couldn't wait to see photos of stuff. how bin Laden fought back and was terminated.

But now the government says another story. Well bin Laden wasn't armed and a few more changes to the story first put out by the government.

I mean how can they just make this stuff up, they sat in a room and watched the whole thing unfold, just tell the truth of what happened.

No wonder no one trust what they say.

I don't care about the details. I just care about results. He could have been naked brushing his teeth. Bottom line the mission was successful.

Me either but why give out wrong details when you know they are not right. Yeah bottom line was great, but why lie about how, if you were going to tell the details then why not the right ones. I dont care if bin Laden was armed or not, I am glad he wasnt and he saw death look him in the eye.

I don't care about the details. I just care about results. He could have been naked brushing his teeth. Bottom line the mission was successful.
AGREED 100%!!!!! As I said in the OSAMA IS DEAD thread, People try and figure out on their own what happened and report it, or they try and piece small pieces of information together and repor that! Which only leads to a lot of wrong stories or even wild ones! THEN, you may have top sercet info that you need to protect! Do you think that we are going to release the video of how the Seals did this mission? NO! We CAN'T! Some people just think we need to have all the info, and we don't.....

I was fine with the story of how bin Laden was killed, believed every bit of it. Couldn't wait to see photos of stuff. how bin Laden fought back and was terminated.

But now the government says another story. Well bin Laden wasn't armed and a few more changes to the story first put out by the government.

I mean how can they just make this stuff up, they sat in a room and watched the whole thing unfold, just tell the truth of what happened.

No wonder no one trust what they say.

I actually think way too many people trust the government on too much.

Me either but why give out wrong details when you know they are not right. Yeah bottom line was great, but why lie about how, if you were going to tell the details then why not the right ones. I dont care if bin Laden was armed or not, I am glad he wasnt and he saw death look him in the eye.

How do you know they were aware their first story was wrong? Were you in the room? It's not like this is a Francis Ford Coopola production they are watching but it's dark and infra-red lighting.

Even in the daylight the FOG of war happens all the time. No one knows instantly what really happened, particularly in a "fire fight." Your critical eye is warranted sometimes but this is not the time IMO.

BTW, how did you feel about Pat Tillman? It took a long time for the truth to come out because the people at the top don't know the intelligence of what happened on the ground instantly. Geesh. :rolleyes:

How do you know they were aware their first story was wrong? Were you in the room? It's not like this is a Francis Ford Coopola production they are watching but it's dark and infra-red lighting.

Even in the daylight the FOG of war happens all the time. No one knows instantly what really happened, particularly in a "fire fight." Your critical eye is warranted sometimes but this is not the time IMO.

BTW, how did you feel about Pat Tillman? It took a long time for the truth to come out because the people at the top don't know the intelligence of what happened on the ground instantly. Geesh. :rolleyes:

Are you kidding, Pat Tillman, the military is not stupid, they knew what happened when it happened. They just tried to not look bad.

As for the first story being put out, who do you think put it out. The government did, they leaked the info. DUH. They are the ones who told the story, some guy just didnt make this up adn they dont just go around guessing what happened. THEY knew exactly what happened. The government knows what is going on, they are not just out there saying things, they are trying to cover their lies because they are all HABITUAL LIARS>

Are you kidding, Pat Tillman, the military is not stupid, they knew what happened when it happened. They just tried to not look bad.

As for the first story being put out, who do you think put it out. The government did, they leaked the info. DUH. They are the ones who told the story, some guy just didnt make this up adn they dont just go around guessing what happened. THEY knew exactly what happened. The government knows what is going on, they are not just out there saying things, they are trying to cover their lies because they are all HABITUAL LIARS>

So in an instant: 100 people in the Defense Security Council know the story. 40 SEAL members know the story. 100's of support people at home base know the story. Everyone from every part of every branch of government know the story. :rolleyes:

Did you feel the same way about the intell on Iraq in 2004 or is it just this event?

You're including far too many people in your "government" tag. End of story.

You have aids and staffers "leaking" info out and the news organizations run with it not knowing if its factual or not.

You're reaching.

The President authorizes any leaks to get a feeler of public opinion, if not it would be everyone telling a story to make money from news stations.

Iraq intell was probably correct. The US knew what they had because we gave it to them to use against Iran in the 70s and 80s after Iran Hostage Crisis. I though do believe Colin Powell was the sacraificial lamb.

Personally I wish they had simply said. He's dead. It was a sucessful mission. Period. Other than that, you're on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.

We share way to much information with our enemies by trying to appease the public hunger for information about everything at all times.