Why no one trusts the government

The President authorizes any leaks to get a feeler of public opinion, if not it would be everyone telling a story to make money from news stations.

Iraq intell was probably correct. The US knew what they had because we gave it to them to use against Iran in the 70s and 80s after Iran Hostage Crisis. I though do believe Colin Powell was the sacraificial lamb.

:scared: It's about all I can say about the above. Wow.

:scared: It's about all I can say about the above. Wow.

For those who apparently do not know anything.

Amazingly, for those select Obama administration officials entrusted with the solemn duty of relating the official storyline of the great event to the news media, the next twelve hours – the critical first overnight period during which the Navy SEALs and their superiors were reporting back to Washington – produced not greater clarity about what had happened, but less.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/06/bin-laden-killing-white-house-pentagon-cia-botched-storyline/

For those who apparently do not know anything.

Amazingly, for those select Obama administration officials entrusted with the solemn duty of relating the official storyline of the great event to the news media, the next twelve hours – the critical first overnight period during which the Navy SEALs and their superiors were reporting back to Washington – produced not greater clarity about what had happened, but less.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/06/bin-laden-killing-white-house-pentagon-cia-botched-storyline/

Critical for WHO? You and everyone else that thinks they can just demand instant information? That is the problem with things, this included, people thinkthey are entitled for instant information. What we should have happened is just wait, wait until you brief all of the seals, THEN come out with all of the information.

I agree with sportsguy. Should we expect 100% accurate and complete details the same day this happens? Next day? When? It seems to me that a lot of the "confusion" is because reporters filled in the blanks instead of waiting for the details. For example, they said it was a 40 minute firefight. Yes, the time period that bullets were fired covered 40 minutes from when shots were first fired till shots were last fired. It was not constant fire back and forth the whole 40 minutes. So is it wrong to say it was a 40 minute firefight? Yet it seems that is a HUGE issue to to author of the linked article. I see this whole supposed controvery being more evidence of how today's media mishandles information/news versus a problem with how the governement mishandled the information.

Critical for WHO? You and everyone else that thinks they can just demand instant information? That is the problem with things, this included, people thinkthey are entitled for instant information. What we should have happened is just wait, wait until you brief all of the seals, THEN come out with all of the information.

I DO NOT DEMAND instant exact information, but if you are going to say it then be accurate about what is said so you dont have to backtrack on what was said and incite problems of contradiction. Sometimes the less said is better. Maybe Obama should already know that.

I DO NOT DEMAND instant exact information, but if you are going to say it then be accurate about what is said so you dont have to backtrack on what was said and incite problems of contradiction. Sometimes the less said is better. Maybe Obama should already know that.

Do you really think anyone would have waited patiently for commanders to debrief the SEALs and compose a complete and precise recount of the action? I doubt Obama got to watch the entire action like a video game. If they didn't come out with details immediately they would have been accused -- by some -- of manufacturing the story. No matter how this story was rolled out, there would be people picking on the government for something. Personally, I'm proud of the fact that we undertook this action and did so in such a competent and professional manner.

Maybe they could have just said.

We just killed Bin Laden, details are still coming in and as soon as we know everything, we will let you know.

It is the details which they keep changing that gets me, if you are not sure then dont say it.

Maybe they could have just said.

We just killed Bin Laden, details are still coming in and as soon as we know everything, we will let you know.

It is the details which they keep changing that gets me, if you are not sure then dont say it.

I don't know that the details are changing that much. Way more hype than substance here. Very typical of today's media. Reporters filled in blanks with assumptions and now are pointing fingers like what they assumed is what was said. Was there a 40 minute firefight? Depends on how you define a firefight. Reporters assumed that meant there was a non stop battle. No one said that. As I said earlier, I have more of an issue with the reporters and their reporting than I do with the information our government is releasing.

I don't know that the details are changing that much. Way more hype than substance here. Very typical of today's media. Reporters filled in blanks with assumptions and now are pointing fingers like what they assumed is what was said. Was there a 40 minute firefight? Depends on how you define a firefight. Reporters assumed that meant there was a non stop battle. No one said that. As I said earlier, I have more of an issue with the reporters and their reporting than I do with the information our government is releasing.

I wonder if we are just that way historically.

For example, here we are, 180+ years later and the story of what really happened at the Alamo is debated and changed to fit the "mood of the moment."

I'm with many on here, "What does it matter??" Some here even hinted that "only photos" will tell us if we killed Osama but Al-Qaida has already admitted he's dead.

You just can't please some paranoid personalities. :thumb: