University of Pikeville

nikeman49

Pikeville is about the size of St. Leo University.

Does Boston College sound small to you? How about St. Petersburg College? BC has about 14K enrolled. SPC has over 65,000 students, larger than UK, UofL, and Vanderbilt combined.

The University of Pikeville may just get notoriety that the school normally wouldn't get, but it's just a name.

Given the other names they were considering, it's OK.

Easily the best name given of the possible options. I would have rather they stuck with Pikeville College, but I understand why they wanted to put their newly acquired university status in the name.

Well it's an old Looney Tunes cartoon, but I am pretty sure University of Pikeville was a better choice than Pikevill University. I think it was Foghorn Leghorn who graduated from old P.U..... Maybe it was Pepe Lepu

• 2 weeks later...
Well it's an old Looney Tunes cartoon, but I am pretty sure University of Pikeville was a better choice than Pikevill University. I think it was Foghorn Leghorn who graduated from old P.U..... Maybe it was Pepe Lepu

PHUNNY. Very Phunny.

I wish they wouldn't have changed it at all. No matter if they meet the requirements or not, Pikeville is still a private college, no matter how you turn it. I know enrollment doesn't matter but on average they have an enrollment of around 1000 students. They are a small private college regardless of if they meet university requirements. To me they are just trying to copy Cumberland who should also still consider themselves a college. To me it will always be Pikeville College because thats what they are.

I wish they wouldn't have changed it at all. No matter if they meet the requirements or not, Pikeville is still a private college, no matter how you turn it. I know enrollment doesn't matter but on average they have an enrollment of around 1000 students. They are a small private college regardless of if they meet university requirements. To me they are just trying to copy Cumberland who should also still consider themselves a college. To me it will always be Pikeville College because thats what they are.

I know when my son was being recruited by the University of the Cumberlands, they did it to attract International Students. They said that in Asia and in Europe the connotation of College vs University significantly changed the number and talent of the prospective students. Once they changed to the University of the Cumberlands their international applicants jumped almost 75%.

Dudley is sitting back and letting his young coaching staff recruit and coach...offense will be directed by Alan Holland Jr., offensive coordinator who will throw a bunch, he has Tanner Napier coming in from Lafayette High School and will use him abundantly in his offensive schemes......mix in some runs, screens, and play an exciting style of football.......Dudley will be much more involved in defensive schemes with his son on the field....blitzing and mixing up looks on defense....will be a very exciting season at UPike this fall!!