Brandon Knight has made a decision

Randy Parker

I don't think that is how it works this years freshman wouldn't have to stay... The NBA season isn't over so they haven't even began to negotiate anything. The Freshman coming in Rivers, Gilchrist, Davis, McAdoo would have to stay two years.

That's what I said.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything that's been out there on the issue has said it would be immediately implemented, meaning this year's freshman class would have to stay another year.

They were talking on KSR today about it not affecting this incoming group, because the CBA might not even be agreed upon until late 2011 or early 2012 or whenever it's decided. I hope you're right, but something tells me this class won't be affected by it.

I read in the paper today that with Barnes not entering the draft it bumps knight into the top ten... While Jones stays anywhere from 7-21. I think knight is gone.

With Barnes returning Chad Ford bumped Kanter to #3 from #4, Knight to #6 from #8 and Jones to #9 from #10.

I'm with you except why are all the big names returning? I don't remember a year quite like this one. Somebody must have put the fear of an NBA lockout into some of these kids. Hopefully they got in touch with Knight and Jones also.

Can't answer for Sullinger but Barnes very eloquently stated that he enjoys being in Chapel Hill and that in his journey of life he still wants to be in college and that he isn't ready for the NBA journey of his life and that he wants to win a championship at UNC. Never mentioned the lockout.

I really don't think the lockout is as big a factor as it would seem.

Can't answer for Sullinger but Barnes very eloquently stated that he enjoys being in Chapel Hill and that in his journey of life he still wants to be in college and that he isn't ready for the NBA journey of his life and that he wants to win a championship at UNC. Never mentioned the lockout.

I really don't think the lockout is as big a factor as it would seem.

I agree...

Somethings just not adding up here. Sullinger and Barnes are both highly intelligent guys with strong support systems and good family structure. Both have decided to stay in school. Knight is right there with them in the smarts and strong support system category he may have the same thought process as them. There has to be reasons a guy like Barnes comawes back to Chapel Hill, as hot as Knight got in the tourney there was no one playing hotter at the end of the season this side of Kemba Walker than Barnes. He showed he was ready, he proved he was a top three pick, but he decides to stay in school. Just makes me wonder if theres a strong enough buzz going around about the lockout that most of these guys that would normally have went have decided to come back.

They say you should only go if you can get a shoe deal in the works... other then that you no $$$.

Yeah but by all accounts Irving, Barnes, Sullinger and Knight all come from families where money is not an issue. I don't know about Jones and his situation but if your family is financially stable then the lockout shouldn't be an issue.