Track the NBA basketball season. April.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys are reaching with the Kobe apologists = LeBron hater.

To me the two are polar opposites. Kobe is liked for his prowess on the court, passion to win (for the Lakers, which is key), and demeanor as a teammate. I have not come across many people that like the guy or think he is a great person. This goes for most fans of him, LeBron, or whomever in the NBA. I don't believe most of his fans think of him more than just a great hoops player but an arrogant jerk. That is how he has always been.

LeBron is liked for the highlight show he puts on and for all his goofiness seems to be a good guy. I do not think he fully grasps the big picture yet and believes the world revolves around him - and I may think the same had I been him all my life - but most do not think of him as a bad person.

Edited by bugatti

I think you guys are reaching with the Kobe apologists = LeBron hater.

To me the two are polar opposites. Kobe is liked for his prowess on the court, passion to win (for the Lakers, which is key), and demeanor as a teammate. I have not come across many people that like the guy or think he is a great person. This goes for most fans of him, LeBron, or whomever in the NBA. I don't most of his fans think of him more than just a great hoops player but an arrogant jerk. That is how he has always been.

LeBron is liked for the highlight show he puts on and for all his goofiness seems to be a good guy. I do not think he fully grasps the big picture yet and believes the world revolves around him - and I may think the same had I been him all my life - but most do not think of him as a bad person.

Well said.

My feelings on Lebron has zero to do with Kobe.

:thumb:

Michael Jordan is my all-time favorite basketball player. Kobe is my current favorite. I liked Lebron when he first came into the league, but I've cooled significantly on him over the years.

Derrick Rose is in line to inherit the favorite player mantle when Kobe is done. He's really fun to watch.

The childish things he does, the fact that he completely quit on the Cavs, the "Decision", his preceived self-entitlement.

Kobe is among the most childish players in the league on the court. I'm not slamming him but he's a big-time crybaby IMO. Kobe supposedly quit on the Lakers. He went on the radio basicallly demanding a trade. He almost ran Bynum out of town. He's been known (until recently) as a poor teammate. He doesn't have the flair for the dramatic like LBJ does but come on.

Kobe is among the most childish players in the league on the court. I'm not slamming him but he's a big-time crybaby IMO. Kobe supposedly quit on the Lakers. He went on the radio basicallly demanding a trade. He almost ran Bynum out of town. He's been known (until recently) as a poor teammate. He doesn't have the flair for the dramatic like LBJ does but come on.

Yeah but the difference is that we knew Kobe's character flaws from day one when he was drafted. We knew this when he won the Battle of LA between he and Shaq and then he and Phil although he swallowed his pride and begged for Phil to come back. And that was after Eagle, Colorado. Kobe has never been completely beloved by the masses. LeBron was until Dunkgate and then the Decision. Before those two incidents LeBron was on his way to becoming one of the most popular athletes in all of sports. Now.....not so much.

Yeah but the difference is that we knew Kobe's character flaws from day one when he was drafted. We knew this when he won the Battle of LA between he and Shaq and then he and Phil although he swallowed his pride and begged for Phil to come back. And that was after Eagle, Colorado. Kobe has never been completely beloved by the masses. LeBron was until Dunkgate and then the Decision. Before those two incidents LeBron was on his way to becoming one of the most popular athletes in all of sports. Now.....not so much.

All of that is fine, but it doesn't make LBJ a tool and Kobe not one. Both seem to have numerous character flaws.

Forget the dancing and the quitting, forget "The Decision," etc. It's all about, as UKMF said, the perceived self-entitlement that gets to me. When people refer to him as King James, it doesn't bother me, but why does he feel the need to refer to himself as the "King." What has he ever really accomplished? A couple regular season MVP's?

All of that is fine, but it doesn't make LBJ a tool and Kobe not one. Both seem to have numerous character flaws.

I think they are both pompous tools honestly. I still like them both and still like Kobe better. If I was either one of them I'd probably be a tool too. My whole life everyone has been telling me how great I am and then I get the money and fame to show me how great I am? Yeah. I'd be a tool too.

Forget the dancing and the quitting, forget "The Decision," etc. It's all about, as UKMF said, the perceived self-entitlement that gets to me. When people refer to him as King James, it doesn't bother me, but why does he feel the need to refer to himself as the "King." What has he ever really accomplished? A couple regular season MVP's?

I listened to a Bomani Jones podcast today that gave me a different perspective about LeBron. When you look at what he has come from as far as his upbringing he has accomplished a lot. When you take it all in his mom was a crackhead and he lived with teammates since his middle school days. Even if he never wins a ring we would all have to walk in his shoes to understand his mentality and we will never be able to do that. You definitely post a valid opinion about him but I think the answers to your questions are deeper than they may seem on the surface. He has never had a regular life so for us to expect him to act the way we would like him to act is kind of unfair, in my newly formed opinion.

I listened to a Bomani Jones podcast today that gave me a different perspective about LeBron. When you look at what he has come from as far as his upbringing he has accomplished a lot. When you take it all in his mom was a crackhead and he lived with teammates since his middle school days. Even if he never wins a ring we would all have to walk in his shoes to understand his mentality and we will never be able to do that. You definitely post a valid opinion about him but I think the answers to your questions are deeper than they may seem on the surface. He has never had a regular life so for us to expect him to act the way we would like him to act is kind of unfair, in my newly formed opinion.

I don't care what your life was like growing up doesn't mean you act like a Jerk like he does at times IMO. Lebron sure loves him some Lebron. You would think he might be more humble since he didn't have a great childhood but that is CLEARLY not the case.

I don't care what your life was like growing up doesn't mean you act like a Jerk like he does at times IMO. Lebron sure loves him some Lebron. You would think he might be more humble since he didn't have a great childhood but that is CLEARLY not the case.

To expect someone who came from nothing and then by the time he is 17 has the world in the palm of his hands and no one alive to tell him 'no' to be humble is far fetched. Keep in mind that he was given a Hummer illegally while in high school, suspended the rest of the year for it, appealed it and won, sat out maybe 1 game in all and still kept the Hummer if I am not mistaken. Even when the Cavs lost in playoffs last year he was still the biggest story in the NBA despite the conference finals just starting. When has he not been led to believe that he isn't larger than life? He lives in a world where everything revloves around him. His social skills he developed as a teenager won't allow him to not act like a tool. I'd love to know what other players thought of him because I would bet a paycheck they love LeBron a whole lot more than Kobe even though I believe Kobe is more respected than LeBron. I'd love to make a poll and pass it out to the players.