Track the NBA basketball season. April.

So you're writing off Miami's sweep of LA? I think it was the one regular season series that actually meant something. You can't honestly tell me as a Kobe Bryant fan that you don't think...wait correct that KNOW....Kobe wanted to send a message to the Big 3 this year and it didn't happen. Miami is a serious matchup nightmare for them because of the big 2. Ron Artest couldn't guard LeBron to save his life and DWade is one of the few guys that can make it as tough on Kobe defensively as he can offensively. Sure Bynum would be a problem for them, but they win one matchup out of 5? Gasol beats Bosh but is it really by all that much right now? Fisher v. Bibby would be a contest to see who is the most pathetic. What team can match up with the Lakers and legitimately say their guy at the 2 can play Kobe to a stalemate or even out play him in a series? Not as likely but same for Gasol.

And don't buy OKC, but don't say I didn't warn you :D.

Yes, I am writing off the Miami sweep. Regular season means nothing. Never has meant anything. Never will mean anything.

I am not saying OKC won't test the Lakers. I am not saying the Lakers will sweep OKC. I can see the Lakers playing 4-7 game series and I think they will win them all. I said it at the beginning of the year and I'll say it now. This is the Lakers last year. Phil knows it. Kobe knows it. Laker fans know it. C3, even you know it you just don't want to admit it. After this year it SHOULD be all about the Heat/Thunder/Bulls in that order. We'll see. For now, this is LA's last stand.

As for the Kobe/LeBron....Laker/Heat thing....the regular season matchups are as meaningless as the All Star game when Kobe actually got some help against LeBron. Gason/Bynum/Odom > Howard/Dampier/Anthony.......that is playoff baskeball. Plus we have seen how LeBron responds to pressure in the playoffs. Still waiting for him to get that killer instinct. Any day now LeBron.....any day now.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the Kobe/LeBron....Laker/Heat thing....the regular season matchups are as meaningless as the All Star game when Kobe actually got some help against LeBron. Gason/Bynum/Odom > Howard/Dampier/Anthony.......that is playoff baskeball. Plus we have seen how LeBron responds to pressure in the playoffs. Still waiting for him to get that killer instinct. Any day now LeBron.....any day now.

He did get it. It is Dwayne Wade. James is now going in to a stage of his career where the pressure is no longer solely on himself. I never felt he enjoyed the pressure and that is perfectly fine. Hoping I am wrong, but it is why I picked the Heat over the Lakers in the finals.

Yes, I am writing off the Miami sweep. Regular season means nothing. Never has meant anything. Never will mean anything.

I am not saying OKC won't test the Lakers. I am not saying the Lakers will sweep OKC. I can see the Lakers playing 4-7 game series and I think they will win them all. I said it at the beginning of the year and I'll say it now. This is the Lakers last year. Phil knows it. Kobe knows it. Laker fans know it. C3, even you know it you just don't want to admit it. After this year it SHOULD be all about the Heat/Thunder/Bulls in that order. We'll see. For now, this is LA's last stand.

Why leave off Bosh in that? Lakers bigs are still better but Bosh in with any Heat combo looks much better.

And LeBron, Wade & Bibby >>>>>>Kobe, Artest and Fisher.

As for LBJ not responding in the playoffs he had the best individual series in NBA history against Orlando so I think that is a phony argument. He played pretty well against the first good Boston team in a losing effort. He had one terrible series and everyone wrote him off. Maybe he's a whiner or a quitter, but lets not act like he doesn't perform in the playoffs. And everyone knows what Wade can do in the spotlight.

Why leave off Bosh in that? Lakers bigs are still better but Bosh in with any Heat combo looks much better.

As for LBJ not responding in the playoffs he had the best individual series in NBA history against Orlando so I think that is a phony argument. He played pretty well against the first good Boston team in a losing effort. He had one terrible series and everyone wrote him off. Maybe he's a whiner or a quitter, but lets not act like he doesn't perform in the playoffs. And everyone knows what Wade can do in the spotlight.

Who is this Bosh fella you speak of? Never heard of him. Is that the power forward who plays like a shooting guard? Oh yeah, he has tons and tons of playoff experience. I know who you are talking about now. Yeah, he's awesome.

Wade and LeBron are the Heat bigs. Can they carry the Heat to a title playing all 5 positions? They will have to in order to win it all. Should be fun. I have them winning the East and losing to LA.

He did get it. It is Dwayne Wade. James is now going in to a stage of his career where the pressure is no longer solely on himself. I never felt he enjoyed the pressure and that is perfectly fine. Hoping I am wrong, but it is why I picked the Heat over the Lakers in the finals.

I like LeBron and believe he is the best player on the planet. I am waiting to see him perform like it. The only stat of his I care about is rings. I'll take rings over triple doubles any day.

Who is this Bosh fella you speak of? Never heard of him. Is that the power forward who plays like a shooting guard? Oh yeah, he has tons and tons of playoff experience. I know who you are talking about now. Yeah, he's awesome.

Wade and LeBron are the Heat bigs. Can they carry the Heat to a title playing all 5 positions? They will have to in order to win it all. Should be fun. I have them winning the East and losing to LA.

No one thinks Bosh is overrated like I do, but I have to give him his due. Since the Heat became good about a month ago Bosh has been as good as any big in the league other than Dwight Howard. If we weren't talking about softie Gasol I'd probably agree, but I think he'll do well on him.

And yeah I think LBJ and DWade are good enough to carry them all the way. LeBron has been good enough to carry scrubs to the Finals & ECF in his career and now he has a top 5 or 6 player in the league beside him? Beast mode. I don't think the NBA has seen anything like what those two are capable of in Playoff mode because along with Kobe they are the 3 best playoff performers in the league by a large and wide margin IMO.

I like LeBron and believe he is the best player on the planet. I am waiting to see him perform like it. The only stat of his I care about is rings. I'll take rings over triple doubles any day.

He does every summer. You're letting last year's Boston series taint your perspective. Or the fact that Cleveland never won a title. I promise you no other player in the league would have won a title there either. You think Kobe has any ships if he's been with that team the last few years? No way, I doubt he even comes close. LeBron would have had to average a triple double with about 40 points per game to even get there.....oh wait that didn't even work.:idunno:

It's easy for a Kobe fan to say it's about rings but Kobe won nothing when he had teammates like LBJ had in Cleveland, he was losing early and playing golf all summer. Hold LeBron to the Kobe standard now.

No one thinks Bosh is overrated like I do, but I have to give him his due. Since the Heat became good about a month ago Bosh has been as good as any big in the league other than Dwight Howard. If we weren't talking about softie Gasol I'd probably agree, but I think he'll do well on him.

And yeah I think LBJ and DWade are good enough to carry them all the way. LeBron has been good enough to carry scrubs to the Finals & ECF in his career and now he has a top 5 or 6 player in the league beside him? Beast mode. I don't think the NBA has seen anything like what those two are capable of in Playoff mode because along with Kobe they are the 3 best playoff performers in the league by a large and wide margin IMO.

He does every summer. You're letting last year's Boston series taint your perspective. Or the fact that Cleveland never won a title. I promise you no other player in the league would have won a title there either. You think Kobe has any ships if he's been with that team the last few years? No way, I doubt he even comes close. LeBron would have had to average a triple double with about 40 points per game to even get there.....oh wait that didn't even work.:idunno:

It's easy for a Kobe fan to say it's about rings but Kobe won nothing when he had teammates like LBJ had in Cleveland, he was losing early and playing golf all summer. Hold LeBron to the Kobe standard now.

I can't. LeBron has been rated better than Kobe since day 1. LeBron has beaten all of Kobe's 'youngest ever' records. LeBron has established himself as the best player on the planet. LeBron ALREADY has more MVP's than Kobe. But....Kobe stayed in one place. Kobe proved to be THE alpha male in LA and lasted through the losing years with weak teams. LeBron took 'weak' teams to Finals and the ECF's as well. Kobe never did that. LeBron also left a team that easily could have gotten better through the draft and free agency but he got impatient and according to Bugatti can't handle/doesn't want the pressure of being THE GUY even though he carries on in life like he is THE GUY. His self given nickname.....King James. Time for him to put up or shut up. :idunno:

As for Bosh.....:rolleyes: Don't mention his name again until he is a factor in the playoffs and at least helps get his team to the Finals. Boshanda ain't scaring nobody. Even Kevin Durant was going to whip Boshanda. :lol::lol::lol:

I can't. LeBron has been rated better than Kobe since day 1. LeBron has beaten all of Kobe's 'youngest ever' records. LeBron has established himself as the best player on the planet. LeBron ALREADY has more MVP's than Kobe. But....Kobe stayed in one place. Kobe proved to be THE alpha male in LA and lasted through the losing years with weak teams. LeBron took 'weak' teams to Finals and the ECF's as well. Kobe never did that. LeBron also left a team that easily could have gotten better through the draft and free agency but he got impatient and according to Bugatti can't handle/doesn't want the pressure of being THE GUY even though he carries on in life like he is THE GUY. His self given nickname.....King James. Time for him to put up or shut up. :idunno:

As for Bosh.....:rolleyes: Don't mention his name again until he is a factor in the playoffs and at least helps get his team to the Finals. Boshanda ain't scaring nobody. Even Kevin Durant was going to whip Boshanda. :lol::lol::lol:

Bosh Spice does have a tendency to bring it. When he does the Heat do not lose. Then next game he will go Bosh Spice on you and be more of a hinderance.

Bosh Spice does have a tendency to bring it. When he does the Heat do not lose. Then next game he will go Bosh Spice on you and be more of a hinderance.

:lol::lol::lol:

Bosh Spice. I like that better than Boshanda.:lol:

And yes, good point. I hope we get a Heat/Lakers final.

:lol: No one in the world wanted LeBron to stay in Cleveland more than I did. But build through the draft or free agency are you joking? They have had two lottery picks in the LeBron era, and were in line to pick 30+ for the foreseeable future. As for free agency I have three names for you....Michael Redd (who was good once upon a time), Amare, & Chris Bosh. All had or would have had the opportunity to come to Cleveland to play with LeBron. The word is LBJ tried to get Bosh to come to Cleveland, and then they decided to head to South Beach. But if the Cavs couldn't get Mike Redd, they weren't going to get someone of real significance. Trading for talent was the only way they could do it.

Kobe is the alpha dog but he WANTED out. He demanded out. Then he got Gasol the best offensive big man in the league. Let's not act like this team was built over the course of time. Bynum is who he is a giant. Gasol was a gift. Fisher came back because of his daughter. Put Bynum or Gasol in Cleveland the last three years and I would almost guarantee Cleveland has a title or two, if not all three.

The only point I am trying to make is that he could have won titles in Cleveland and the whole he had weak teams argument doesn't fly with me. He still won with those weak teams.

They made a pact in the Olympics to play together. I can't wait to read the book on how they ended up in Miami in about 10 years.

The only point I am trying to make is that he could have won titles in Cleveland and the whole he had weak teams argument doesn't fly with me. He still won with those weak teams.

They made a pact in the Olympics to play together. I can't wait to read the book on how they ended up in Miami in about 10 years.

I'm not disputing that he couldn't and wouldn't have won titles in Cleveland. Probably not more than 2 or 3, but it could have been done. But I think that no one else in the history of basketball could have won there with this era of Cavs. There is no one who has had to do so much for their teams to win. Jordan wouldn't have won it all there, nor Kobe, Russell or Chamberlain IMO. Shaq may have been able to get one there in his prime because he was the most unstoppable force in basketball for his 3 year hey-day. JMO

I'm not disputing that he couldn't and wouldn't have won titles in Cleveland. Probably not more than 2 or 3, but it could have been done. But I think that no one else in the history of basketball could have won there with this era of Cavs. There is no one who has had to do so much for their teams to win. Jordan wouldn't have won it all there, nor Kobe, Russell or Chamberlain IMO. Shaq may have been able to get one there in his prime because he was the most unstoppable force in basketball for his 3 year hey-day. JMO

Good point. I would have loved to have seen the Cavs/Bulls this year though.

Good point. I would have loved to have seen the Cavs/Bulls this year though.

As would I. As maybe the longest tenured LBJ fan, I would have been happier seeing him stay in Cleveland & never won a title than him to leave for Miami and win 10. Cavs v. Bulls would have been crazy. They're basically the same team, though Noah & Boozer are better than anyone LBJ played with the last few years. I do think the Cavs had more depth, or their personel fit LeBron better than the Bulls guys do Rose.