Track the NBA basketball season. April.

To expect someone who came from nothing and then by the time he is 17 has the world in the palm of his hands and no one alive to tell him 'no' to be humble is far fetched. Keep in mind that he was given a Hummer illegally while in high school, suspended the rest of the year for it, appealed it and won, sat out maybe 1 game in all and still kept the Hummer if I am not mistaken. Even when the Cavs lost in playoffs last year he was still the biggest story in the NBA despite the conference finals just starting. When has he not been led to believe that he isn't larger than life? He lives in a world where everything revloves around him. His social skills he developed as a teenager won't allow him to not act like a tool. I'd love to know what other players thought of him because I would bet a paycheck they love LeBron a whole lot more than Kobe even though I believe Kobe is more respected than LeBron. I'd love to make a poll and pass it out to the players.

LeBron was actually a phenom by the age of 16. Already hyped as the #1 player if he were eligible for the draft after his Sophomore season of high school. How he has managed to stay as grounded as much as he has is an accomplishment. Kobe grew up totally differently. Kobe is a really odd cat and seems very awkward to me.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To expect someone who came from nothing and then by the time he is 17 has the world in the palm of his hands and no one alive to tell him 'no' to be humble is far fetched. Keep in mind that he was given a Hummer illegally while in high school, suspended the rest of the year for it, appealed it and won, sat out maybe 1 game in all and still kept the Hummer if I am not mistaken. Even when the Cavs lost in playoffs last year he was still the biggest story in the NBA despite the conference finals just starting. When has he not been led to believe that he isn't larger than life? He lives in a world where everything revloves around him. His social skills he developed as a teenager won't allow him to not act like a tool. I'd love to know what other players thought of him because I would bet a paycheck they love LeBron a whole lot more than Kobe even though I believe Kobe is more respected than LeBron. I'd love to make a poll and pass it out to the players.

I would too honestly... There isn't a better indicator than the people you work with and are around all the time. Lets make it happen. :lol:

LeBron was actually a phenom by the age of 16. Already hyped as the #1 player if he were eligible for the draft after his Sophomore season of high school. How he has managed to stay as grounded as much as he has is an accomplishment. Kobe grew up totally differently. Kobe is a really odd cat and seems very awkward to me.

He is a strange dude that is for sure. They are very very different people.

Yeah, I get that vibe also. Eccentric, moody and spoiled. Seems like the kid who tried too hard to be cool when he really didn't have to.

I think with Kobe and LeBron they are the two biggest stars in the NBA. The more info that is out on most of these athletes, the less we'd probably like the majority of them as people. People see Durant as a good guy and I'm not going to argue about this, but I predict that people have a different view point of him. It just goes with the territory.

I do agree that asking LeBron to be anything other than a self-centered brat is asking too much. Blame AAU ball, shoe companies shameless poaching of high school athletes, the media, and yes ourselves. LeBron is the one guy who was really hyped as youngster that took over the game he played. ARod also comes to mind, though baseball is different, but he is twice the punk LeBron is IMO. LeBron is the perfect storm of hype at a young age, the current state of the media, mixed with an athlete who for the most part can back it up.