Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

World Wide Wes?

Featured Replies

Many people were concerned that WWW's presence around the CATS program could be cause for concern. I am not one in the know, but it seems like he has not been a big deal around the bball team.

 

How much is he around? Has anyones opinion of WWW changed in the last two years of Calipari tenure?

He is staying away this year because of UK going after Gilchrest is my understanding. Him and Gilchrest have a personal relationship and he's trying to prevent Cal an NCAA headache I believe.

Sandy Bell layed out a very strict WWW policy to Cal when he got hired. I am sure they talk often, but WWW's public presence is much more low key than when Cal was at Memphis.

I've not heard about him being around at all this year until Sunday, and not much as last season wore on.

He is staying away this year because of UK going after Gilchrest is my understanding. Him and Gilchrest have a personal relationship and he's trying to prevent Cal an NCAA headache I believe.

 

Wes is Gilchrist's godfather, I believe. As RomanEmpire said, Sandy Bell laid down the law with WWW this year because of that relationship with Gilchrist. The SI article was very informative about the situation.

WWW is rocking UK gear at the McDonald's events in Chicago.

WWW is rocking UK gear at the McDonald's events in Chicago.

 

That will cause no small stir. :lol:

WWW is rocking UK gear at the McDonald's events in Chicago.

 

I think it's safe to say that WWW is now a "friend" of the program.

While we are discussing Wes, would it be illegal for a guy like Jay-Z to call a recruit or invite him to a recording session to "hangout"? Just curious. Or LeBron?

While we are discussing Wes, would it be illegal for a guy like Jay-Z to call a recruit or invite him to a recording session to "hangout"? Just curious. Or LeBron?

 

When does one become a "booster?" I don't know the NCAA rule on that one.

While we are discussing Wes, would it be illegal for a guy like Jay-Z to call a recruit or invite him to a recording session to "hangout"? Just curious. Or LeBron?

 

I would think it's a gray area. And Cal seems to thrive in the gray area.

While we are discussing Wes, would it be illegal for a guy like Jay-Z to call a recruit or invite him to a recording session to "hangout"? Just curious. Or LeBron?

 

I remember something about fans contacting recruits through facebook as a possible violation. If that's true, I'm sure what you mentioned would be a violation.

  • Author

Any updates on WWW and his impact?

Any updates on WWW and his impact?

 

Don't recall a sighting this season, but I've not seen all the games. Haven't heard mention of it either.

^I know he was at one game this season. I remember them showing him on TV a couple of times and talking about him during the game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.