World Wide Wes?

Pile Driver

Many people were concerned that WWW's presence around the CATS program could be cause for concern. I am not one in the know, but it seems like he has not been a big deal around the bball team.

How much is he around? Has anyones opinion of WWW changed in the last two years of Calipari tenure?

He is staying away this year because of UK going after Gilchrest is my understanding. Him and Gilchrest have a personal relationship and he's trying to prevent Cal an NCAA headache I believe.

Wes is Gilchrist's godfather, I believe. As RomanEmpire said, Sandy Bell laid down the law with WWW this year because of that relationship with Gilchrist. The SI article was very informative about the situation.

While we are discussing Wes, would it be illegal for a guy like Jay-Z to call a recruit or invite him to a recording session to "hangout"? Just curious. Or LeBron?

When does one become a "booster?" I don't know the NCAA rule on that one.

While we are discussing Wes, would it be illegal for a guy like Jay-Z to call a recruit or invite him to a recording session to "hangout"? Just curious. Or LeBron?

I remember something about fans contacting recruits through facebook as a possible violation. If that's true, I'm sure what you mentioned would be a violation.

• 10 months later...