Cincinnati 78 Missouri 63

Bluto

Add that Gates is more worried about getting his degree than getting paid and it's very hard not to like him. He was quoted in the paper yesterday saying he wanted to come back next year and be the first in his family to graduate and get a degree. Said he knows the NBA money will always be there but it's more important to focus on longterm because you can't play ball your whole life. Great kid.

Great kid. He's the Patrick Patterson of UC. He is the kind of player every coach wants. I like UC, but if I didn't I think I would enjoy watching them play because of Gates. But about the game, Cashmere played a great game as well. Uconn is gunna have there hands full Saturday night.

Add that Gates is more worried about getting his degree than getting paid and it's very hard not to like him. He was quoted in the paper yesterday saying he wanted to come back next year and be the first in his family to graduate and get a degree. Said he knows the NBA money will always be there but it's more important to focus on longterm because you can't play ball your whole life. Great kid.

Let's be honest. If the money is there now he would be a fool not to take it. I'm not convinced it's there now but if so he needs to go get it.

Great kid. He's the Patrick Patterson of UC. He is the kind of player every coach wants. I like UC, but if I didn't I think I would enjoy watching them play because of Gates. But about the game, Cashmere played a great game as well. Uconn is gunna have there hands full Saturday night.

Until 3 weeks ago there was no UC fan alive who would compare Yancy to PPat.

Let's be honest. If the money is there now he would be a fool not to take it. I'm not convinced it's there now but if so he needs to go get it.

From cincinnati.com:

"People always talk about 'Oh, you've got to get the money, you've got to get the money,' " Gates said, "but the way I've always looked at it with me and my family, the money in the NBA is going to be there, but to have the chance to get your degree and to be on pace to get it on time, that's a big accomplishment. That's just as big an accomplishment to me as making it to the league.

"A lot of people rush, but you look at a player like (San Antonio's) Tim Duncan. He's known as the greatest power forward ever and he played four years in college. It's not the person who gets out the earliest. It's what they do once they get the chance."

From a basketball standpoint, Gates said he can use another year to further develop his game.

"I still feel I could get my body in better shape than what I did over the summer," Gates said, "and just keep working on my skill level to knock down the jump shot consistently. Just being able to build more confidence in my overall game."

From cincinnati.com:

"People always talk about 'Oh, you've got to get the money, you've got to get the money,' " Gates said, "but the way I've always looked at it with me and my family, the money in the NBA is going to be there, but to have the chance to get your degree and to be on pace to get it on time, that's a big accomplishment. That's just as big an accomplishment to me as making it to the league.

"A lot of people rush, but you look at a player like (San Antonio's) Tim Duncan. He's known as the greatest power forward ever and he played four years in college. It's not the person who gets out the earliest. It's what they do once they get the chance."

From a basketball standpoint, Gates said he can use another year to further develop his game.

"I still feel I could get my body in better shape than what I did over the summer," Gates said, "and just keep working on my skill level to knock down the jump shot consistently. Just being able to build more confidence in my overall game."

He's getting bad advice IF the money is there now. He mentions Tim Duncan. No offense but he's no Tim Duncan so it's a bad comparison. If for some reason the scouts got excited about him and he was a high first-round pick he has to go.

Academic discussion though.

He's getting bad advice IF the money is there now. He mentions Tim Duncan. No offense but he's no Tim Duncan so it's a bad comparison. If for some reason the scouts got excited about him and he was a high first-round pick he has to go.

Academic discussion though.

Gates is a future NBA player. IMO, he'll be a lot like Maxiell. Bench player his first few years and then work his way in to a spot starter throughout his career.

The front court of Bowers, Mitchell, and Ratliffe of Mizzou are all NBA caliber players and will be playing in the league within the next two years. Gates absolutely dominated those guys last night so it wouldn't surprise me if there were a few scouts out there who were excited about him. He has shown the ability to knock down shots out to 15 feet and can step out and hit the occasional three.

As he stated in the above quote though, he still needs to work on certain aspects of his game and his body. You may not want to believe it, but I can almost guarantee the money is there RIGHT NOW. He's smart though for staying another year to improve his stock. Right now, he is a second round pick, IMO.

Gates is a future NBA player. IMO, he'll be a lot like Maxiell. Bench player his first few years and then work his way in to a spot starter throughout his career.

The front court of Bowers, Mitchell, and Ratliffe of Mizzou are all NBA caliber players and will be playing in the league within the next two years. Gates absolutely dominated those guys last night so it wouldn't surprise me if there were a few scouts out there who were excited about him. He has shown the ability to knock down shots out to 15 feet and can step out and hit the occasional three.

As he stated in the above quote though, he still needs to work on certain aspects of his game and his body. You may not want to believe it, but I can almost guarantee the money is there RIGHT NOW. He's smart though for staying another year to improve his stock. Right now, he is a second round pick, IMO.

I do believe he can improve his stock IF he is committed.

Ask Singelr though how that senior year is helping his draft stock. It's gone down.

I would hope Mick or some family member tells YG to file for the draft just to get an evaluation. If it comes back that he's likely a top 15 pick he has to go. His stock will not increase enough with one more year to risk that. If it comes back lower 1st round (ie Maxiell) he comes back.

The front court of Bowers, Mitchell, .

BTW if you're going to try to use players as supporting evidence use players that actually play. Hint: NCAA doesn't let ineligible players play in the big dance.

BTW if you're going to try to use players as supporting evidence use players that actually play. Hint: NCAA doesn't let ineligible players play in the big dance.

Yea I honestly have no clue why I put Mitchell in there. Honest mistake. For some reason I got him confused with Moore. :idunno:

Let's not forget yesterday was St. Patty's Day, UC played late, and Walter took the day off from work. Loooong day. :isurrender: