5 of the 8 State Finalist are Private. Does Propostion 20 hold water?

kissinger

In each class championship there is at least one team that is private and in Class 4A are both private. Does Proposition 20 hold water? To be honest i dont know what can be done but it is a alarming statistic that needs to be worked out.

Was it an alarming statistic just one short year ago when six of the eight schools in the finals, and three out of four winners, were public schools? What made the alarm go off only in 2005? Why didn't the private schools raise hell last year?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone complain when Bobby Redman had all those state championship game appearances in a row from 2000-2003? Or how about the runs when Redman was QB? Not one of the catholic supporters complained about that. What they did do is make their teams better. The kids did things to improve themselves on thier own time. The money doesnt make the difference, its the philosophy.

Public schools...I have one name for you if you dont believe success is possible. Chuck Smith

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Was it an alarming statistic just one short year ago when six of the eight schools in the finals, and three out of four winners, were public schools? What made the alarm go off only in 2005? Why didn't the private schools raise hell last year?

Because of the far greater percentage of public schools compared to private schools.

How many private schools are there in each class?

I think your argument holds some water in Lexington and Owensboro; but not in Louisville and NKY. X and Trinity are simply bigger than the rest of AAAA and have built first class programs as well. In NKY, while both NCC and CCH are fine athletic programs, it has little to do with being the only private schools in their area. There are I believe 8 Catholic and one other private high schools in NKY, and many compete very well with NCC and CCH in most sports. Further, while CCH in AAA and NCC in A have very successful football programs, they are not even the best programs in their own area; as that would be Highlands and Beechwood--Both public schools??

Are Highlands and Beechwood open enrollment? ;)

But we HAVE ALL THOSE BOYS to chose from :rolleyes: and we still can't win a state b-ball championship!

I THINK that was JC's point!It only takes 7 or 8 players to have a great b-ball team, which a lot of schools can find.However,that is not the case in football! You can't dress 100 out in other sports or give enough playing time like football.That is definitley an apples/oranges comparison! :rolleyes:

Are Highlands and Beechwood open enrollment? ;)

I believe they are officially referred to as "Independent City School Systems"--Please refer to them accordingly when you attempt to ban them!! Eventually if some of you guys can get the field down to only a couple teams per region, you can assure yourselves a trophy every year!!!! Wouldn't that make you proud???? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I THINK that was JC's point!It only takes 7 or 8 players to have a great b-ball team, which a lot of schools can find.However,that is not the case in football! You can't dress 100 out in other sports or give enough playing time like football.That is definitley an apples/oranges comparison! :rolleyes:

So you're saying that it's no problem getting those 7-8 players from a school of say--150-200 boys vs. a Trinity or X with 1500 boys???? Please remove head from sand!!

Trying to figure out who's next on the "crusade" to destroy KY HS Sports???

No, just curious! :lol: I don't think Private schools are destroying sports,nor do I think open enrollment schools are destroying high school sports!However I DO think they should be classed differently,because they will be consistantly better than traditional closed enrollment schools.They will have better players , can afford better coaches, have better facilities,etc.If you think that everybody is equal,then why don't you get you team's coaches to play the Bengals!There are different levels of competition in all sports:NCAA div. 1,2,3, NAIA. NFL,Arena league(s)!In baseball:MLB,A,AA,AAA.The examples are endless!I'm pretty sure the NCAA schools are happy with the fact they will play similar talent when the play within their division.I,m just guessing butI think USC wouldn't be as proud of winning the national championship if they beat Georgetown college to win it all! :argue:

No, just curious! :lol: I don't think Private schools are destroying sports,nor do I think open enrollment schools are destroying high school sports!However I DO think they should be classed differently,because they will be consistantly better than traditional closed enrollment schools.They will have better players , can afford better coaches, have better facilities,etc.If you think that everybody is equal,then why don't you get you team's coaches to play the Bengals!There are different levels of competition in all sports:NCAA div. 1,2,3, NAIA. NFL,Arena league(s)!In baseball:MLB,A,AA,AAA.The examples are endless!I'm pretty sure the NCAA schools are happy with the fact they will play similar talent when the play within their division.I,m just guessing butI think USC wouldn't be as proud of winning the national championship if they beat Georgetown college to win it all! :argue:

That's the weakest argument yet on Public/Private. Check enrollment and $$ spent between the top and bottom of Division 1 sports, and get back to me...

I believe they are officially referred to as "Independent City School Systems"--Please refer to them accordingly when you attempt to ban them!! Eventually if some of you guys can get the field down to only a couple teams per region, you can assure yourselves a trophy every year!!!! Wouldn't that make you proud???? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Funny, but I don't recall asking for them to be banned,sanctioned or anything of the sort!By the way, is there a paranoid smiley? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's the weakest argument yet on Public/Private. Check enrollment and $$ spent between the top and bottom of Division 1 sports, and get back to me...

Do you have those #'s?If you do, please provide them and a correlation to dollars spent/athletic sucsess! Do you know why there ARE DIFFERENT DIVISIONS?Do you know how states like Tn. separate their classes? :irked:

Do you have those #'s?If you do, please provide them and a correlation to dollars spent/athletic sucsess! Do you know why there ARE DIFFERENT DIVISIONS?Do you know how states like Tn. separate their classes? :irked:

Do you know how states like Tennessee have seen their Finals attendance decline IN A MAJOR WAY since the split? Did you notice they can no longer beat KY in the All Star Game? Sounds like a GREAT plan for them, and they actually have the population to attempt such a blind stunt...